LoTW freezes \

Phil/K3UT

I have been using ACLog and LoTW for a while with no problems. Last week, I did three things - I had to renew my LoTW Callsign certificate, that forced me to upgrade to LoTW 2.43, and at the same time, I upgraded ACLog to 6.4,

Now I am unable to get LoTW working with ACLog. I am able to sign an .adi file and upload it to the ARRL database using the standalone version of TQSL. But I am not able to upload through ACLog. In fact when I click on LoTW on the eLogs tab in ACLog, ACLog freezes and in the task bar at bottom of screen, the ACL globe logo flashes orange. When I right click on the taskbar icon, I get two thumbnails - one is ACLog, the other says LoTW Logmanager 1.9. If I right click on that thumbnail, I can see the outline of what should be the ACLog page for uploading and downloading to LoTW, but the outline is blank. ACLog is frozen and I am not able to do anything with the program unless I close the LoTW Log Manager 1.9 window by clicking on the X.

I have installed both ACLog and LoTW with no success. Opening LoTW in the eLogs tab freezes ACLog (Club log tab works).

Clearly I must have some conflict, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

Phil, W3HZZ

Scott Davis

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  Please click File > Show File Locations and note the location of your settings files.  With Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder and delete frmLoTW.xml.  Then see if the form will display normally.

Please let me know how you make out.

[...]

That worked! Deleted the frmLOTW.xml file and all is fine. Figured it was a corrupted file.....somewhere. Thanks for your help and thanks for the nice programs (I'm a Mac guy and set up my shack just so I could use your programs!).

73,
Phil, W3HZZ

--
Philip L. Graitcer
204 Cater Street

Scott Davis

Thanks for the good report and kind words on the software Phil!

[...]

goobcrow@...

Thankfully I found this thread as I've been fighting with this for the past 24 hours. This worked for me too!

My question to Scott is do you know what causes this? I first thought it was rfi from my radio getting into the pc. I'd like to know if you have the answer.

Thanks
goober

Scott Davis

Hi Goober,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I've not ever experienced it, so I really don't know.  My guess is that somehow the form was closed when not on a valid desktop location (user changed monitor locations or the like) and when it displays next time, it is not on a valid desktop location.  That said, my form display code does check for a valid desktop location on launch, so I am really not sure.