LoTW freezes \

Phil/K3UT

I have been using ACLog and LoTW for a while with no problems. Last week, I did three things - I had to renew my LoTW Callsign certificate, that forced me to upgrade to LoTW 2.43, and at the same time, I upgraded ACLog to 6.4,

Now I am unable to get LoTW working with ACLog. I am able to sign an .adi file and upload it to the ARRL database using the standalone version of TQSL. But I am not able to upload through ACLog. In fact when I click on LoTW on the eLogs tab in ACLog, ACLog freezes and in the task bar at bottom of screen, the ACL globe logo flashes orange. When I right click on the taskbar icon, I get two thumbnails - one is ACLog, the other says LoTW Logmanager 1.9. If I right click on that thumbnail, I can see the outline of what should be the ACLog page for uploading and downloading to LoTW, but the outline is blank. ACLog is frozen and I am not able to do anything with the program unless I close the LoTW Log Manager 1.9 window by clicking on the X.

I have installed both ACLog and LoTW with no success. Opening LoTW in the eLogs tab freezes ACLog (Club log tab works).

Clearly I must have some conflict, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

Phil, W3HZZ

Scott Davis

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  Please click File > Show File Locations and note the location of your settings files.  With Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder and delete frmLoTW.xml.  Then see if the form will display normally.

Please let me know how you make out.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 20, 2019 6:39 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LoTW freezes \

I have been using ACLog and LoTW for a while with no problems. Last week, I did three things - I had to renew my LoTW Callsign certificate, that forced me to upgrade to LoTW 2.43, and at the same time, I upgraded ACLog to 6.4,

Now I am unable to get LoTW working with ACLog. I am able to sign an .adi file and upload it to the ARRL database using the standalone version of TQSL. But I am not able to upload through ACLog. In fact when I click on LoTW on the eLogs tab in ACLog, ACLog freezes and in the task bar at bottom of screen, the ACL globe logo flashes orange. When I right click on the taskbar icon, I get two thumbnails - one is ACLog, the other says LoTW Logmanager 1.9. If I right click on that thumbnail, I can see the outline of what should be the ACLog page for uploading and downloading to LoTW, but the outline is blank. ACLog is frozen and I am not able to do anything with the program unless I close the LoTW Log Manager 1.9 window by clicking on the X.

I have installed both ACLog and LoTW with no success. Opening LoTW in the eLogs tab freezes ACLog (Club log tab works).

Clearly I must have some conflict, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

Phil, W3HZZ

Phil/K3UT

That worked! Deleted the frmLOTW.xml file and all is fine. Figured it was a corrupted file.....somewhere. Thanks for your help and thanks for the nice programs (I'm a Mac guy and set up my shack just so I could use your programs!).

Phil, W3HZZ

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:47 AM Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  Please click File > Show File Locations and note the location of your settings files.  With Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder and delete frmLoTW.xml.  Then see if the form will display normally.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Phil, W3HZZ

--
Philip L. Graitcer
204 Cater Street
St Simons Island
404-245-9780 (mobile)

Scott Davis

Thanks for the good report and kind words on the software Phil!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Feb 20, 2019 9:15 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LoTW freezes \

That worked! Deleted the frmLOTW.xml file and all is fine. Figured it was a corrupted file.....somewhere. Thanks for your help and thanks for the nice programs (I'm a Mac guy and set up my shack just so I could use your programs!).

Phil, W3HZZ

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:47 AM Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Phil,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Phil, W3HZZ

--
Philip L. Graitcer
204 Cater Street
St Simons Island
404-245-9780 (mobile)

goobcrow@...

Thankfully I found this thread as I've been fighting with this for the past 24 hours. This worked for me too!

My question to Scott is do you know what causes this? I first thought it was rfi from my radio getting into the pc. I'd like to know if you have the answer.

Thanks
goober

Scott Davis

Hi Goober,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I've not ever experienced it, so I really don't know.  My guess is that somehow the form was closed when not on a valid desktop location (user changed monitor locations or the like) and when it displays next time, it is not on a valid desktop location.  That said, my form display code does check for a valid desktop location on launch, so I am really not sure.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Apr 16, 2020 6:30 am

Thankfully I found this thread as I've been fighting with this for the past 24 hours. This worked for me too!

My question to Scott is do you know what causes this? I first thought it was rfi from my radio getting into the pc. I'd like to know if you have the answer.

Thanks
goober

goobcrow@...

Hi Scott, when you say desktop location are you referring to where on the monitor screen the application is positioned? One thing I can say is that I have a 2 monitor setup and just replaced both monitors prior to the error occurring.

Thanks and I love your programs!

Mike Olbrisch

There it is!   You just changed monitors.

We’ve experienced that issue at work.  While rebooting and moving the monitors around between system operators shift changes, a power plug falls out and a monitor goes dead, and the programs don’t like it.  Often takes plugging the monitor back in and another reboot.

This is what I would try.  If you still have the older monitors, put them back on line, determine which is the primary monitor, and drag the programs to it.  Then put in the new monitors and move stuff around.  Of course, someone may have a better idea.

Good luck with that.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of goobcrow@...
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:44 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Hi Scott, when you say desktop location are you referring to where on the monitor screen the application is positioned? One thing I can say is that I have a 2 monitor setup and just replaced both monitors prior to the error occurring.

Thanks and I love your programs!