JS8 Call with WFD Version of ACLog

fkemmerer@...

Hello,

Our Club is preparing to use JS8Call at Winter Field Day. We will also be using the WFD version of ACLog. Is there a way to get JS8Call to log directly into the WFD version of ACLog? How do we setup JS8Call and ACLog to do this? Thank you everyone in advance for your help!

Fred, AB1OC
https://stationproject.blog
https://www.n1fd.org

John Huber

Fred / AB1OC and all interested in WFD,

Please be aware that https://www.winterfieldday.com/rules makes a point that “FT8 is NOT an acceptable mode”.

73,  John / N8FYL

Jay

JS8Call is NOT the same as FT8. Different program.  It is more in the lines of PSK31 with a different decoding engine.
I am not aware of a go between for JS8call and AClog.

- Jay N1RWY

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:21 AM John Huber <jhhuber@...> wrote:
Fred / AB1OC and all interested in WFD,

Please be aware that https://www.winterfieldday.com/rules makes a point that “FT8 is NOT an acceptable mode”.

73,  John / N8FYL

Scott Davis

Hi Fred and All,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You can log any mode in my contest software, regardless of what your rig is returning, by pressing  Ctrl + Shift + M.

CTRL+Shift+M Mode Override option to override mode returned by rig interface (contest software only released after 10/16/17)

Just be sure the mode you specify is allowed in the contest rules.

JS8Call is NOT the same as FT8. Different program.  It is more in the lines of PSK31 with a different decoding engine.
I am not aware of a go between for JS8call and AClog.

- Jay N1RWY

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:21 AM John Huber <jhhuber@...> wrote:
Fred / AB1OC and all interested in WFD,

Please be aware that https://www.winterfieldday.com/rules makes a point that “FT8 is NOT an acceptable mode”.

73,  John / N8FYL

fkemmerer@...

Thank you, John. Yes, I know that. JS8Call uses a different mode JS8. Note that the organizers indicate that JS8Call IS legal for WFD as long as the clocks are set manually. This is easy to do. See the WFD Facebook page for details.
--
Fred, AB1OC
https://stationproject.blog

fkemmerer@...

Thank you Scott - this helps.

I know that there is a path for WSJT-X to your logger via JTAlert. I am wondering if there might be a similar, more automated interface. It looks like JS8Call can export log data via UDP to N1MM+. I believe you also support WSJT-X logging via JTAlert in ACLog. We can do it manually as you suggest as well but a more automated interface might be less error-prone.... Let me know what you think is best.
--
Fred, AB1OC
https://stationproject.blog

fkemmerer@...

Here's some information on the use of JS8Call for WFD from the WFD Facebook page -

JS8Call appears to meet our "full exchange" requirements, but appears to be web-dependent for synching transmissions between stations, which would also make it useless in SHTF EComms (and NOT within our rules about using the web).. but we'll accept logs using it if you can synch w/o the web..
That is the decision of the full WFDA board.

--
Fred, AB1OC
https://stationproject.blog

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Yes, if you are running WSJT-X, you can log directly to my software via JT Alert.  That said, you should ping Laurie on the JT Alert group as there may be some contest tweaks required.  He just added support for ARRL RTTY recently, but wasn't sure about WFD since they were not using FT8, but if he gets a request for transferring other modes, I am sure he could get that going quickly, as WFD and ARRL Field Day have the same exchange fields and he already support ARRL Field Day.

I know that there is a path for WSJT-X to your logger via JTAlert. I am wondering if there might be a similar, more automated interface. It looks like JS8Call can export log data via UDP to N1MM+. I believe you also support WSJT-X logging via JTAlert in ACLog. We can do it manually as you suggest as well but a more automated interface might be less error-prone.... Let me know what you think is best.
--
Fred, AB1OC
https://stationproject.blog

fkemmerer@...

Thank you Scott. I'll reach out to Laurie.

Best and 73,
--
Fred, AB1OC
https://stationproject.blog