Topics

New poll for N3FJP_Software_Users

N3FJP_Software_Users@...

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:
Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!
Created by: snkdavis
  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

Mike Olbrisch

Should I stay or should I go?  Wasn’t that a song?

Today it is a question of should we or shouldn’t we.  Someday in the future Yahoo groups will go away.  I got this from a former YAHOO employee who “Jumped ship before the rats figured out it was sinking” he said.  When YAHOO GROUPS goes, it may perhaps be a with warning, or perhaps without.  While I sometimes have use of the help on here, and I often try to be helpful to others, which group we belong to is really no matter to me.  And as I have no files or documents saved with the group, should one day YAHOO GROUPS be dead and gone, I have lost nothing.  And I’ll find it again wherever it ends up.

OTOH, if you need to pull a bandage from a wound, a quick pull is often less painful than slowly working it off bit by bit.  Most of the reflectors I belong to have moved to groups.IO, and with only one minor change you couldn’t tell.

I voted NO PREFERENCE – let the rest of you decide.  I’m along for the ride either way.  A word of caution.  Prudently backing up digital info is good policy. That goes for anything you have saved in the reflectors too.  Perhaps more so if it is a YAHOO GROUP reflector.  Just in case.

Y-all have a great evening.  If you are on the western grid, I’ll do my best to keep your 60 Hz pure all night long.  After 0530 tomorrow morning, it ain’t my fault!

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.

El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.

SOTA W5T-Texas Association Manager.

NA-SOTA info is at:  http://na-sota.org/

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:

Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!

Created by: snkdavis

  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

That guy gave you bogus iformation.  However this shouldn’t be discussed, here.  Neither should it turn into a discussion per Scott’s request, nor should it turn into a political date.  Just  VOTE.

Lou WA5LOU

--
Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU
Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

Jr - VE9ZZ

I'm trying to vote for relocating but keep getting the run around telling me I'm not a member. Finally gave up.

VE9ZZ

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

Did you check your account?  Can you get into your account?

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 5:30 PM Fidel Lavigne Jr jrlav01@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

I'm trying to vote for relocating but keep getting the run around telling me I'm not a member. Finally gave up.

VE9ZZ

--
Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU
Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

Pat Whelton

Tried to vote.  Couldn’t get signed in.  Sorry about that.

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:40 PM

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:
Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!
Created by: snkdavis
  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

Jr - VE9ZZ

Yes I couldn't log in at first, it said I entered an invalid password. I tried 3 times and finally asked for a temporary password and entered that, when I went to vote it said I needed to log in. That's when I gave up I hate getting the run around.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 7:41 PM 'Lou Everett, Sr.' loueverettsr@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Did you check your account?  Can you get into your account?

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 5:30 PM Fidel Lavigne Jr jrlav01@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

I'm trying to vote for relocating but keep getting the run around telling me I'm not a member. Finally gave up.

VE9ZZ

--
Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU
Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

It said you had to log into what?

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 6:08 PM Fidel Lavigne Jr jrlav01@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

[...]

Sounds like several of you have password issues.  Time to reset your passwords, then.

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:40 PM

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:
Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!
Created by: snkdavis
  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

--
Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU
Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

Jr - VE9ZZ

It said I had to be a member to vote

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:13 PM 'Lou Everett, Sr.' loueverettsr@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

[...]

K8TS

Lou-

Just tried to log into Yahoo.  Had to reset my password to Yahoo.  Once I got to the N3FJP site, It indicated I was not a member.  I only use groups email for N3FJP.  If there is a password to sign into the group I am completely unaware of it.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:40 PM

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:

Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!

Created by: snkdavis

1.      Please move to Groups.io

2.      Please remain on Yahoogroups

3.      I have no preference

Thanks!

--

Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU

Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

Dan Morris

Well, everyone loves yahoo groups and so far I have seen nothing but problems from those tying to log in

Dan Morris

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:40 PM

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:
Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!
Created by: snkdavis
  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

Jeff Freedman

Can we also turn this into a poll whether to keep WWV. Sheesh! Let’s stay focused with the question people.

Thank you Scott and Kimberly. Went thru the same discussion with a car group I “own.”

Jeff, K7JF
--
Jeff Freedman K7JF
Gig Harbor, Washington

Paul Brown

I have no preference

On Sep 24, 2018, at 5:40 PM, N3FJP_Software_Users@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:
Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!
Created by: snkdavis
  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

Jim Shorney

No one has ever been able to identify or vet this unidentified former Yahoo
empoyee to prove he is who he claims to be. Essentially everyone is believing
an anonymous source with no credibility. We know how well that works out. You
are freaking out over unsubstantiated rumors.

I would be more suspicious about why almost everyone seems to be pushing a
single alternative source that is the new kid on the block withoug a long term
track record. Hmmmm..... Doesn't he charge for some of his services? It there a
plan in place for what would happen if he gets run over by a bus? Too many
unanswered questions.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:59:22 -0600, mike-2007@elp.rr.com [N3FJP_Software_Users]
wrote:

Today it is a question of should we or shouldn’t we. Someday in the future Yahoo groups will go away. I got this from a former YAHOO employee who “Jumped ship before the rats figured out it was sinking� he said. When YAHOO GROUPS goes, it may perhaps be a with warning, or perhaps without.
--

"Good men don’t need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - Doctor Who

Stanley Engel

I vote to stay on Yahoo. Not sure if my vote registered…

Stan, WA2UET

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:

Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!

Created by: snkdavis

  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

--

Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU

Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

billn4dh <billn4dh@...>

Me too,

I have no problems.

Bill, N4DH

On Sep 25, 2018, at 5:35 AM, 'Stan Engel' wa2uet@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

I vote to stay on Yahoo. Not sure if my vote registered…

Stan, WA2UET

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:

Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!

Created by: snkdavis

  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

--

Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU

Telephone:  317-749-9883

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
― Dalai Lama

w9hlq@...

I have no preference  - Brian W9HLQ

Jeff Steinkamp

Yahoo say something went wrong when I try to vote.  Move the group.  It is much easier to maintain.
--
Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ

N3FJP_Software_Users@... wrote on 9/24/2018 14:40:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the N3FJP_Software_Users group:
Hi All, I continue to receive requests to move our User's group to groups.io. If the desire to move gets more than 50% of the vote, we will. Even if you have no preference, please vote!
Created by: snkdavis
  1. Please move to Groups.io
  2. Please remain on Yahoogroups
  3. I have no preference

Thanks!

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

As of yesterday the Poll and this subject went SK.  Scott sent out an e-mail.

Lou Everett, Sr., WA5LOU