Topics

winkeyer question on amateur contact log


Jed Barton
 

Hey guys,

OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
transmit?
I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
enter the call and all that. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed


Mark
 

Jed,

You should be in the main log window and you use the F keys to send the programmed message or exchange if that's what you're after.  There are special characters used to create a message or exchange in the WinKeyer window (where you define each F key function).  Make sure that the WinKeyer was confirmed "open - success !" before you close that window or it won't function.

73
Mark KN7T 


From: "Jed Barton jed@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]"
To: "n3fjp_software_users"
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:17:08 AM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] winkeyer question on amateur contact log

 

Hey guys,

OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
transmit?
I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
enter the call and all that. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed



Jed Barton
 

ok, so there appears to be some sort of issue. I have the com port
set correctly. What else do i need to set in the winkeyer setup? I
just left all of the defaults.

Cheers,
Jed

On 6/26/18, darkstar7@broadstripe.net [N3FJP_Software_Users]
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Jed,

You should be in the main log window and you use the F keys to send the
programmed message or exchange if that's what you're after. There are
special characters used to create a message or exchange in the WinKeyer
window (where you define each F key function). Make sure that the WinKeyer
was confirmed "open - success !" before you close that window or it won't
function.

73
Mark KN7T

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jed Barton jed@jedbarton.com [N3FJP_Software_Users]"
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com>
To: "n3fjp_software_users" <n3fjp_software_users@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:17:08 AM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] winkeyer question on amateur contact log



Hey guys,

OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
transmit?
I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
enter the call and all that. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed



Mark
 

So you need to make sure that you are getting the message that says something to the effect "WinKeyer Version XXX opened - success ! " when you tell it to configure WinKeyer.  If you aren't seeing that confirmation, then WinKeyer is not active.  If you're seeing the confirmation, make sure you have all the desired options checked - correct keying output port, sidetone enable/disable, speed pot lock/unlock, etc. and then use the "test" button at the bottom to make sure you're hearing the WinKeyer respond.  If it doesn't respond, then something is amiss.  If it does respond (I think it sends a series of V's, then your call), then click the "done" button to exit.  Do not click the "close" button or you'll turn the WinKeyer off.

73
Mark KN7T


From: "Jed Barton jed@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]"
To: "N3FJP Software Users"
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:05:38 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] winkeyer question on amateur contact log

 

ok, so there appears to be some sort of issue. I have the com port
set correctly. What else do i need to set in the winkeyer setup? I
just left all of the defaults.

Cheers,
Jed

On 6/26/18, darkstar7@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
wrote:
> Jed,
>
> You should be in the main log window and you use the F keys to send the
> programmed message or exchange if that's what you're after. There are
> special characters used to create a message or exchange in the WinKeyer
> window (where you define each F key function). Make sure that the WinKeyer
> was confirmed "open - success !" before you close that window or it won't
> function.
>
> 73
> Mark KN7T
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: "Jed Barton jed@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]"
>
> To: "n3fjp_software_users"
> Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:17:08 AM
> Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] winkeyer question on amateur contact log
>
>
>
> Hey guys,
>
> OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
> amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
> transmit?
> I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
> enter the call and all that. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jed
>
>
>



Jed Barton
 

so there is a setting in here, my speech program says key on port 1
checkbox not checked, then there is another program that says key on
port 2, checkbox checked. I'mm using com 9. Am i missing something?

On 6/26/18, darkstar7@broadstripe.net [N3FJP_Software_Users]
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
So you need to make sure that you are getting the message that says
something to the effect "WinKeyer Version XXX opened - success ! " when you
tell it to configure WinKeyer. If you aren't seeing that confirmation, then
WinKeyer is not active. If you're seeing the confirmation, make sure you
have all the desired options checked - correct keying output port, sidetone
enable/disable, speed pot lock/unlock, etc. and then use the "test" button
at the bottom to make sure you're hearing the WinKeyer respond. If it
doesn't respond, then something is amiss. If it does respond (I think it
sends a series of V's, then your call), then click the "done" button to
exit. Do not click the "close" button or you'll turn the WinKeyer off.

73
Mark KN7T

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jed Barton jed@jedbarton.com [N3FJP_Software_Users]"
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com>
To: "N3FJP Software Users" <N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:05:38 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] winkeyer question on amateur contact log




ok, so there appears to be some sort of issue. I have the com port
set correctly. What else do i need to set in the winkeyer setup? I
just left all of the defaults.

Cheers,
Jed

On 6/26/18, darkstar7@broadstripe.net [N3FJP_Software_Users]
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Jed,

You should be in the main log window and you use the F keys to send the
programmed message or exchange if that's what you're after. There are
special characters used to create a message or exchange in the WinKeyer
window (where you define each F key function). Make sure that the WinKeyer

was confirmed "open - success !" before you close that window or it won't

function.

73
Mark KN7T

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jed Barton jed@jedbarton.com [N3FJP_Software_Users]"
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com>
To: "n3fjp_software_users" <n3fjp_software_users@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:17:08 AM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] winkeyer question on amateur contact log



Hey guys,

OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
transmit?
I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
enter the call and all that. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed




William Wagaman
 

Hello Bill here N3GTY lets see if I can confuse you.... if you have the Winkey configured make sure that AcLog program is in CW as the mode. Then hit F12 if you see the message that you can type from the keyboard and your CW is enabled. Again hit F12 to disable it.
That is to enable Keyboard typing for CW you an also set the CW Macros and use them also. Hope that helps 73 for now Bill

On 6/26/2018 13:17, Jed Barton jed@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] wrote:
 

Hey guys,

OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
transmit?
I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
enter the call and all that. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed


-- 
Bill Wagaman
155 Woodbridge Drive
Spring Lake, NC 28390


Jed Barton
 

so how do i switch modes? When i hit f12, my screen reader doesn't
tell me anything.

On 6/26/18, Bill Wagaman wwagaman@charter.net [N3FJP_Software_Users]
<N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Hello Bill here N3GTY lets see if I can confuse you.... if you have the
Winkey configured make sure that AcLog program is in CW as the mode.
Then hit F12 if you see the message that you can type from the keyboard
and your CW is enabled. Again hit F12 to disable it.
That is to enable Keyboard typing for CW you an also set the CW Macros
and use them also. Hope that helps 73 for now Bill

On 6/26/2018 13:17, Jed Barton jed@jedbarton.com [N3FJP_Software_Users]
wrote:

Hey guys,

OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
transmit?
I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
enter the call and all that. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

--
Bill Wagaman
155 Woodbridge Drive
Spring Lake, NC 28390


William Wagaman
 

Hello again... in the AClog program under the main logging screen not with any settings open use the down arrow to select CW mode  then hit F12 if you have the WinKeyer setup correctly you will get the dialog box that the keyboard keying is enabled. If you do not have WinKey setup correctly you will not get the dialog box or CW Mode is not selected you will not get  the the dialog box. Like I said I did not want to confuse anyone bye for now Bill N3GTY

so how do i switch modes? When i hit f12, my screen reader doesn't
tell me anything.

On 6/26/18, Bill Wagaman wwagaman@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
wrote:
> Hello Bill here N3GTY lets see if I can confuse you.... if you have the
> Winkey configured make sure that AcLog program is in CW as the mode.
> Then hit F12 if you see the message that you can type from the keyboard
> and your CW is enabled. Again hit F12 to disable it.
> That is to enable Keyboard typing for CW you an also set the CW Macros
> and use them also. Hope that helps 73 for now Bill
>
> On 6/26/2018 13:17, Jed Barton jed@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> OK a question. It looks like i have configured the winkeyer in
>> amateur contact log. So what window should i be in when i want it to
>> transmit?
>> I'm in the main window right now where i can tab through the fields to
>> enter the call and all that. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jed
>>
>>
>
> --
> Bill Wagaman
> 155 Woodbridge Drive
> Spring Lake, NC 28390
>
>