Topics

AC log merge after contest

Joe Hoffman

I will be using two different computers with two different radios for the VHF contest this weekend.  Each will run it's own copy of AClog contest software.  At this point i don't want to network the computers since I have procrastinated too long!  

After the contest can I just import one of the contest logs into the other and then submit that full log?

Will the contacts interleave according to when they were worked or will there be two "chunks" in the log??

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Joe, W8JH

Mark

You should be able to merge (import ADIF file from the 2nd computer) the two logs together within the VHF program and then you can sort it so the contacts fall into the correct date/time order.  Then you can export that entire ADIF file and merge that with your master log (AC Log) and sort it again if you need to.

Mark McLauchlin KN7T

To: "N3FJP Software Users"
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:49:55 AM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC log merge after contest

I will be using two different computers with two different radios for the VHF contest this weekend.  Each will run it's own copy of AClog contest software.  At this point i don't want to network the computers since I have procrastinated too long!  

After the contest can I just import one of the contest logs into the other and then submit that full log?

Will the contacts interleave according to when they were worked or will there be two "chunks" in the log??

Joe, W8JH

K8TS

Joe;

We plan on doing the same on FD.  If I recall right, all we did was down load to a flash drive, and upload on to the other computer.  Then we did a “sort on date” and it integrated the files.  I didn’t do the process, but I think that is how our “resident geek” did it.

Dale K8TS

FD Call:  W8JXN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 12:03 PM
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...

Joe, W8JH

Scott Davis

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your e-mail.  In addition to Mark's good advice, be sure to use the VHF contest software for the contest, not AC Log:

http://www.n3fjp.com/vhfuhf.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP Software Users
Sent: Fri, Jun 8, 2018 12:11 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC log merge after contest

You should be able to merge (import ADIF file from the 2nd computer) the two logs together within the VHF program and then you can sort it so the contacts fall into the correct date/time order.  Then you can export that entire ADIF file and merge that with your master log (AC Log) and sort it again if you need to.

Mark McLauchlin KN7T

From: "jh@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: "N3FJP Software Users"
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:49:55 AM

Joe, W8JH