Topics

Rig Control

Jim...N3MVX

When first starting AC log rig control is not working. If I use CTRL X to switch to my second rig and CTRL X to switch back it then works. This just started a few days ago. I have not made any changes to the computer recently so not sure why all of a sudden this  is happening.  

Jim....N3MVX

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  I wish I had something insightful to suggest, but since this just started happening, the only thing that comes to mind is perhaps you recently installed a program that has hold of the port on start up, but then releases it (though AC Log should be returning an error in that case).  Another possibility is a port driver problem following a Windows update.

Sorry I don't have more to offer from here.  Perhaps others will have more useful suggestions for you.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Thu, Jun 7, 2018 7:18 pm
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Rig Control

When first starting AC log rig control is not working. If I use CTRL X to switch to my second rig and CTRL X to switch back it then works. This just started a few days ago. I have not made any changes to the computer recently so not sure why all of a sudden this  is happening.  

Jim....N3MVX

Jim...N3MVX

Thanks for the reply Scott. 
The problem is now solved. Apparently after the last Windows update I went into rig set up to verify both rigs were still working with AC log. I used the "test swap" button to switch to the second rig  to verify that rig control for that rig was still working. I never switched it back to the primary rig. Your reply to my email mentioning Windows updates jogged my memory. 

Thanks for the great software and superior tech support.

Jim....N3MVX