Topics

Exported ADIF file name

Jim Ragsdale

Does anyone know if it is possible to save an ADIF Export to something beside "AClogADIF.adi", maybe something that would include a date and time stamp?

Tnx es 73,
Jim W5LA

Dave ve3wej <ve3wej@...>

yes, just rename the file before you hit OK

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:46 PM, jim@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to save an ADIF Export to something beside "AClogADIF.adi", maybe something that would include a date and time stamp?

Tnx es 73,
Jim W5LA

Dan Morris

Jim — When you go to save an ADIF Export it will come up and ask you where to save it and you are also able to change the name to whatever you want.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Nov 13, 2017, at 6:46 PM, jim@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to save an ADIF Export to something beside "AClogADIF.adi", maybe something that would include a date and time stamp?

Tnx es 73,
Jim W5LA

Mike Olbrisch

OF course! Just change the name to anything you like. When you click FILE -> EXPORT ADIF -> WHOLE LOG, a window should open up to allow you to change the name and the location it is saved into. Just name it however you want, and put it wherever you want.

I personally do a manual export every Saturday morning. I have a BACKUP-1 and a BACKUP-2 file. Every Saturday one of the other gets updated, so I have one recent export and one a week older.... just in case I hose one over.

I also have AC-Log set to run a backup to a USB thumb drive every time I shut down. Bent and suspenders sort of guy here.

Mike -- El Paso -- Texas.

_|___________|__|_
| | | [ ]
|====|==|==|======|_____
| ___| | | ___|0lllll0|
&#92;/ &#92;__|__|/ &#92;_KD5KC_/
(o)_)==)_) (o)_)===)_)

Does anyone know if it is possible to save an ADIF Export to something beside "AClogADIF.adi", maybe something that would include a date and time stamp?

Tnx es 73,
Jim W5LA

Pat Whelton

_|___________|__|_
| | | [ ]
|====|==|==|======|_____
| ___| | | ___|0lllll0|
\/ \__|__|/ \_KD5KC_/
(o)_)==)_) (o)_)===)_)
Hey Mike.  I’m curious.  What is the above supposed to represent?  Is it some sort of schematic?  Perhaps an exotic antenna?  Secret code?

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

Jim Ragsdale

Boy, was that ever simple! Wish more things in life were that easy. HI.

73 es thanks to all who responded,
Jim W5LA

Mike Olbrisch

Many things are, if you just stop for a moment to analyze it. But sometimes even the simplest things are not apparent at first.

However, software is never easy! <grin>. And Scott is a wizard.

Vy73 -- Mike -- KD5KC.