On Line Real Time Scoreboard Questions & User Input?

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

In response to several requests, I am in the process of adding optional, automatic upload of your current, real time contest score to my contest software.  This is in addition to the Web Upload Contest Status feature that has been around for a while now.

Besides the existing Web Upload Contest Status (which our club LOVES), I've not used any other real time score boards at all myself, so I really need your input.

These are the two scoreboards that I am aware of:

http://cqcontest.net

http://contestonlinescore.com

Luckily, both support the same xml method for uploading scores, so the code under the hood will be the same for both sites.  That said, I do need to set one as default.

So, my questions are:

1.  Which scoreboard site is most often used?

2.  Are you aware of any other scoreboards besides these two?

Thanks in advance for your help!

John Huber

Scott,

Please consider including the ability to upload to MULTIPLE scoreboards simultaneously.  I’m sure there will be some users who will want that functionality.

73,  John / N8FYL

[...]

Dan Morris

Scott - Not sure if this one would apply but the following is a contest scorer for many different contests:

trouble is, the contest would have to be selected, so I’m not sure this would be what you are looking for.

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 29, 2017, at 3:05 PM, Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

In response to several requests, I am in the process of adding optional, automatic upload of your current, real time contest score to my contest software.  This is in addition to the Web Upload Contest Status feature that has been around for a while now.

Besides the existing Web Upload Contest Status (which our club LOVES), I've not used any other real time score boards at all myself, so I really need your input.

These are the two scoreboards that I am aware of:

Luckily, both support the same xml method for uploading scores, so the code under the hood will be the same for both sites.  That said, I do need to set one as default.

So, my questions are:

1.  Which scoreboard site is most often used?

2.  Are you aware of any other scoreboards besides these two?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Thanks for your input.  Now that you mention it, that is a really good suggestion.  That's all the more reason I need to know all the possible on line sites of interest.  I was just going to have a selectable URL combo box (that could be manually edited), one field for call and another for password, but if we are going to upload to multiple on line score sites simultaneously, I will need user / password fields for each service.

So guys, what other sites are you aware of?

I would still be interested in knowing which site is most popular?

Thanks!

[...]

PETER HEAD

I've seen a bunch of contesters post to http://3830scores.com
But that is post-contest. Might not hurt to contact the developer, Bruce, WA7BNM bhorn@...
Maybe he can work something in.
-Peter

--
KC2ASA (active on APRS - try Voice Alert or send a MSG)

On Aug 29, 2017, at 15:18, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

[...]

Kevin Gray <notsome1else@...>

1.        Which scoreboard site is most often used?

That would depend mostly on which contest you are working.

http://cqcontest.net is the default for another well know “Contest-Only” software, and supports a good deal of the Major contests from CQ (CQ-WW-WPX, CQ-WW-SSB, CQ-WW-RTY) as well as many of the ARRL Contests, (including FD)

http://cqcontest.net/contest/suplist.php#now

https://contestonlinescore.com/settings/

Either would be a good choice for the default, as long as both options are available. Either individually,(one-or-the-Other) or both at the same time.

Just my 2 cents

73 Kevin

N9VPV

In response to several requests, I am in the process of adding optional, automatic upload of your current, real time contest score to my contest software.  This is in addition to the Web Upload Contest Status feature that has been around for a while now.

Besides the existing Web Upload Contest Status (which our club LOVES), I've not used any other real time score boards at all myself, so I really need your input.

These are the two scoreboards that I am aware of:

Luckily, both support the same xml method for uploading scores, so the code under the hood will be the same for both sites.  That said, I do need to set one as default.

So, my questions are:

1.  Which scoreboard site is most often used?

2.  Are you aware of any other scoreboards besides these two?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks so much for the helpful information Kevin!

Yes, I've changed course, so both will be options at the same time.