LoTW Locations

Craig WB3GCK

I'm running ACLog 5.7 and TQSL 2.3.  Since I upgraded TQSL to 2.3, ACLog no longer shows all of my locations in the pull-down list.  I only see two, one of which was recently added directly into TQSL  I can see them all in TQSL.  All other LoTW functions seem to work fine from within ACLog.  I have a laptop with the same software configuration (using the same database via Dropbox) and I see the same thing there.

I have a 3rd laptop with ACLog 5.7 (using the same database) but TQSL is still at v2.2.2 on that one and the locations show up fine in ACLog.

TQSL on all three computers have been restored from the same .tbk file.  All three machines are running Windows 10 Pro.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior with TQSL 2.3?

Thanks.

73, Craig WB3GCK

Jim Shorney

I noticed the same thing yesteday. I had two locations defined in TQSL; one
being my home station location for my call and the other being a location under
a certificate for a club call that I am trustee of. Yesteday I created a NPOTA
park location for my home call so I could upload an activation log. ACL will
only see two of the three at any given time and I had to restart it to get back
to my home location. ACL 5.7 and TQSL 2.3.

73

-Jim
NU0C

--

"Life is too short for QRP" - ETO Alpha

"deciBels were invented to give QRPers a false sense of smugness" - NU0C

Scott Davis

Hi All,

I only have one station location here, so there is no way for me to check, but if you are having trouble with version 2.3 of TQSL, please let the TQSL folks know.

Thanks!

--

"Life is too short for QRP" - ETO Alpha

"deciBels were invented to give QRPers a false sense of smugness" - NU0C

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Jim, Craig or anyone else who is having this problem, would you please e-mail me direct the station location file generated by your TQSL software.  It will be in a path along the lines of:

C:\Users\YourUserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\TrustedQSL\station_data

I would like to take a look.

Thanks!

--

"Life is too short for QRP" - ETO Alpha

"deciBels were invented to give QRPers a false sense of smugness" - NU0C

Craig WB3GCK

Scott:

I just emailed my station location file to you, along with a little addtional info.

Thanks!

73, Craig WB3GCK

Scott Davis

Thanks Craig,

It looks like the LoTW folks modified their station location output format.  I'm on it.

I just emailed my station location file to you, along with a little addtional info.

Thanks!

73, Craig WB3GCK

Scott Davis

Hi All,

I have heard back from the LoTW folks.  They are considering returning to the station location output file format they had been using prior to TQSL 2.3.  If they do, this will be corrected in their next TQSL release.  If they choose to stick with the new format, I will modify my code to read it.  As soon as they decide definitively, we will know how to proceed.  I will let you know when I hear.

It looks like the LoTW folks modified their station location output format.  I'm on it.

From: "N3FJP_Software_Users@..." <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> on behalf of "N3FJP_Software_Users@..." <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM
To: "N3FJP_Software_Users@..." <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>

[...]

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

[...]

I installed the beta version and it now shows all of my locations with TQSL 2.3.  Thanks for the excellent support.

73, Craig WB3GCK

Craig WB3GCK

Mike:

There are issues with TQSL upgrading to v2.3 from within the program.  I had to download the new version from the ARRL website and install it that way.

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.  Safe trip.

73, Craig WB3GCK

Scott Davis

Hi Dan,

I don't have multiple locations myself, but Mike, KD5KC put together some excellent documentation on handling multiple locations.  Links to his files are in the second paragraph under the video here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/lotwhelp.html

[...]

Hi Craig,

Excellent, thanks for the good report!  Has anyone else tried the beta (even if you aren't using TQSL 2.3)?

I installed the beta version and it now shows all of my locations with TQSL 2.3.  Thanks for the excellent support.

73, Craig WB3GCK

Jim Shorney

Beta seems to be working fine here as well. Thanks Scott!

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 07:57:12 -0400, Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@aol.com
[N3FJP_Software_Users] wrote:

Would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then give this beta version a try:

--
The universe we're in will reach absolute zero in three hours. Safe is relative. - Idris, "The Doctor's Wife"

George Huett

What is the link to the new beta version of AC log released about a month or so ago?

George-W6LJK

I installed the beta version and it now shows all of my locations with TQSL 2.3.  Thanks for the excellent support.

73, Craig WB3GCK

Scott Davis

Hi George,

Thanks for your e-mail.  If you uninstall AC Log 5.7 and then reinstall it, it should work for you.