CWT Practice et al -- a little off topic.

Christopher Scibelli

Hi All,

I happened to be in the eHam CW forum and I came across these CW practice sets.  All can be done from the website I'm providing a link to so no need to download programs.  One of the segments is for practicing the CWT contest.  The speed is adjustable from 15 to 40 wpm.  These maybe of value to some members and I like the fact it's teaching to copy CW in one's head and not by typing the answers into the computer or with pad and paper.

Here's the link:

73,

Chris  NU1O

LOYANN <w7loy@...>

Went to the link and it will not play it just shows the various ways to use it but does not allow you to try it

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

I happened to be in the eHam CW forum and I came across these CW practice sets.  All can be done from the website I'm providing a link to so no need to download programs.  One of the segments is for practicing the CWT contest.  The speed is adjustable from 15 to 40 wpm.  These maybe of value to some members and I like the fact it's teaching to copy CW in one's head and not by typing the answers into the computer or with pad and paper.

Here's the link:

73,

Chris  NU1O

Christopher Scibelli

I clicked on the link from my post to the group and all the various tests worked.  Don't know what to tell you.

73,

Chris  NU1O

In a message dated 5/23/2016 10:53:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, N3FJP_Software_Users@... writes:

Went to the link and it will not play it just shows the various ways to use it but does not allow you to try it

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

I happened to be in the eHam CW forum and I came across these CW practice sets.  All can be done from the website I'm providing a link to so no need to download programs.  One of the segments is for practicing the CWT contest.  The speed is adjustable from 15 to 40 wpm.  These maybe of value to some members and I like the fact it's teaching to copy CW in one's head and not by typing the answers into the computer or with pad and paper.

Here's the link:

73,

Chris  NU1O

John Huber

I also clicked on the the original link and the recordings also worked for me.  My environment is Comcast internet, Windows 10 on a laptop.

73,  John / N8FYL

I happened to be in the eHam CW forum and I came across these CW practice sets.  All can be done from the website I'm providing a link to so no need to download programs.  One of the segments is for practicing the CWT contest.  The speed is adjustable from 15 to 40 wpm.  These maybe of value to some members and I like the fact it's teaching to copy CW in one's head and not by typing the answers into the computer or with pad and paper.

Here's the link:

73,

Chris  NU1O

jwpeel@bellsouth.net

I originally had the same problem. How I solved this issue was simple. I entered "www.morsecodemasters.com". After that I just went to the practice applications and everything worked fine. For some reason the address starting with "http" did not work for me. I'm running a HP laptop with Windows 8.0. Hope this helps solve your problem.

Jerry

KA4BDW

Grahame Emerson

Works fine here….AD6GE

Went to the link and it will not play it just shows the various ways to use it but does not allow you to try it

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

I happened to be in the eHam CW forum and I came across these CW practice sets.  All can be done from the website I'm providing a link to so no need to download programs.  One of the segments is for practicing the CWT contest.  The speed is adjustable from 15 to 40 wpm.  These maybe of value to some members and I like the fact it's teaching to copy CW in one's head and not by typing the answers into the computer or with pad and paper.

Here's the link:

73,

Chris  NU1O

John Tidball

Thanks for that link. Tried it and it works.

John WX4O

Christopher Scibelli

The only thing is it keeps repeating the same things over and over for most of the modules. I'm memorizing things already.

I think the only module that keeps sending random data is the letters and numbers module.

One thing I really like is under "Random Letters and Numbers" there is a "Play Me" box.  If you enter your call there it's a good way to practice hearing your call all the way up to 50 wpm.  That's great for learning one's call at a faster speed than normal. In DX pileups it's not unusual to get somebody sending at 35 to 40 wpm so this could be a big help for those unaccustomed to hearing their call at fast speeds.

The CW sounds great.

I think I'll write to N3HEE, the program author, and see if he can expand the database.  For example, the CWT module uses the same calls, names, and CWT member numbers over and over.  It would be great if it selected that info at random from the CWT database which was just uploaded to the user group's file.

73,

Chris  NU1O