From: "John Mathey k8azt@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Date: 2016/04/18 08:06 (GMT-07:00)
To: n3fjp_software_users@...
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Exporting ACLog file to Carbillo

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

George K5KG <georgek5kg@...>

You can export an ADI file, but, of course, that's not a Cabrillo.  Maybe you can find a way to create a Cab from the ADI records.

GL, George, K5KG

On Apr 18, 2016, at 10:06, John Mathey k8azt@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

paulhurm

Try Googling using “adif to Cabrillo” as your search string. See if any of the hits work for you.

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

paulhurm

To my reply a minute ago add the need to create the ADIF first as mentioned by others.

I knew of the ADIF to Cabrillo converters from previous use. (I think you meant MDF rather than MDF?). Anyhow, I have not had to look for MDB to Cabrillo converters per your original request since I have not had that particular situation. With MDB being the native format used by the database program, I would expect it to be a bit harder to fine MDB to Cabrillo converters.

I agree with the easiest method to be create ADIF then transfer either directly to the other program or perhaps a Cabrillo/ADIF converter??

Paul

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

paulhurm

ARRGH and then I mistype and say MDF  twice in a row L

In any event, I assume (?) your original question was to convert from the native database format into ADIF. Again, from ACL convert to ADIF then see if that doesn’t work to get into the other program.

(Sihg – I hate my fingers sometimes!!) (See – “Sihg” should be Sigh!!)

Paul

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

raymond aston

look for a file called adi2cabr thats what is used  for a few contest
raymond

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

K5HP <dek5hp@...>

John,

You might take a look at this program. I have heard good things about it but I have not used it myself so cannot endorse from personal experience.I downloaded it and plan to try it just to see what it's about.

Good luck.

Monk K5HP

"CW is an art of incremental improvements over a lifetime, getting ever closer to an ideal of perfection which is always moving and always presents a new horizon to strive for."   Carlo Consoli

David (Monk) Montgomery K5HP
40 Pebblebrook Lane
Wimberley, Tx 78676
Cell: 512.758.9075
Email: DEK5HP@...
Grid: EM00wa
ITU: 7
CQ: 4

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 4:02 PM, 'Paul Hurm' paulhurm@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Try Googling using “adif to Cabrillo” as your search string. See if any of the hits work for you.

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

Larry <lclarks@...>

Down the Michigan QSO contest program export the adif rocords from ACLog, inport to the QSO program and export your carbillo file.

73 Larry K1ZW

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

Rolf Krogstad

There may well be conversion software to generate a Cabrillo file from an ADIF file.
Worst case you could do this:
1) Download and install the N1MM software.
2) Export data to ADIF from ACL
3) In N1MM, go to [File] and choose Import.
4) In N1MM, go to [File] and choose Generate Cabrillo file

GL es 73
de
Rolf   NR0T

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:47 PM, George K5KG georgek5kg@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

You can export an ADI file, but, of course, that's not a Cabrillo.  Maybe you can find a way to create a Cab from the ADI records.

GL, George, K5KG

On Apr 18, 2016, at 10:06, John Mathey k8azt@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

Dan Morris

If you have the Michigan QSO Party program I think Larry’s idea might be the best and simplest.
Just select those records from ACLog and export ADIF based on ‘selected records’ — Then bring up the Michigan QSO Party program and import the adif file and then go from there to create your cabrillo file.

Dan Morris   KZ3T

On Apr 18, 2016, at 4:47 PM, George K5KG georgek5kg@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

You can export an ADI file, but, of course, that's not a Cabrillo.  Maybe you can find a way to create a Cab from the ADI records.

GL, George, K5KG

On Apr 18, 2016, at 10:06, John Mathey k8azt@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

Fred

Here you go. Larry has the best, simplest, and easiest answer of all.
K2DFC

---In N3FJP_Software_Users@..., <lclarks@...> wrote :

Down the Michigan QSO contest program export the adif rocords from ACLog, inport to the QSO program and export your carbillo file.

73 Larry K1ZW

In haste to get involved with Michigan QSO Party,I logged my contacts in ACLog.  I have been looking, but have not found a way to directly convert my log file (extension mdf) to Cabrillo format.  Is there a way to do this.  Next time I will know better and use the official contest logging program, but for now how can I proceed?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

73, John/K8AZT

Grahame Emerson

1.     ADIF to Cabrillo Download - softpedia...AD6GE