Topics

AC Log 5.0 Now On the Website!

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

AC log 5.0 is now on the website!  I'm particularly excited about this release as both the band map zoom features and QRZ image / bio lookup add a lot of neat, additional functionality to the software.  It is so cool to type in a call or click on a DX spot, tab and see the QRZ images immediately appear.  Some of the DX images are breathtaking!

I'll wait a day or two before putting out an announcement on the announcements only list, so in the mean time, please uninstall your current version of AC Log, install this one and give it a REALLY good work out!

Here is the list of upgrades included in 5.0:

- Band map DX spotting zoom scale and rig tracking features added.
- QRZ Callbook image and biographical display on call tab (requires QRZ subscription, but I think it is well worth it!).
- LoTW identification of DX spots (Click LoTW and then the command button that says "ID LoTW Users on DX Spots" to enable).
- Ability to save current rig settings from Rig Interface form.
- Ability to adjust CW character spacing for PC generated CW (please use generously for us CW challenged folks!). :)
- Frequency privileges display form remembers last license class selected on next display.
- Ability to disable Watch List form display on Call tab
- Ability to disable list matches on Country field tab for user's country.

Please let me know how you make out!

Larry Stowell <lclarks@...>

Scott
Is this still “Beta”? I installed the last Beta.

73 Larry K1ZW

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:53 AM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 5.0 Now On the Website!

[...]

Hi Larry,

5.0 is done and on the website!  Enjoy!

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:53 AM

[...]

John Welch <ke6k@...>

Scott, I can't find the QRZ bio lookup. The info fills in like always but I cant get the other data.

John KE6K

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:53 AM

[...]

Hi John,

Click Callbook > QRZ Internet and check the check box to retrieve the image / bio.  A QRZ XML subscription is required for this feature.

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:53 AM

[...]

DOH!
Thanks.

John KE6K

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:53 AM

[...]

Fred

How do I get the image? I have a XML sub, I checked Callbook>QRZ, I get the name and location in the comments field, but no image.

Fred K2DFC

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To display QRZ images or navigate to the QRZ bio information when you tab from the Call field:

-  Be sure your QRZ XML subscription is in good standing (QRZ only returns the name after expiration).

-  Be sure your PC is connected to the Internet and that your Internet protection software is allowing AC Log access to the Internet.

-  From AC Log's menu options click Callbook > QRZ Internet Lookup.

-  Check the check box that says Open Image & Bio on Call tab.

When you tab from the Call field, if the user has an image on QRZ, you will see a form like this appear with the person's image and an option to navigate to the bio page:

Otherwise, AC Log will navigate to the user's QRZ bio page.