Topics

AC Log 5.0 Now On the Website!

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

AC log 5.0 is now on the website!  I'm particularly excited about this release as both the band map zoom features and QRZ image / bio lookup add a lot of neat, additional functionality to the software.  It is so cool to type in a call or click on a DX spot, tab and see the QRZ images immediately appear.  Some of the DX images are breathtaking!

I'll wait a day or two before putting out an announcement on the announcements only list, so in the mean time, please uninstall your current version of AC Log, install this one and give it a REALLY good work out! 

Here is the list of upgrades included in 5.0:

- Band map DX spotting zoom scale and rig tracking features added.
- QRZ Callbook image and biographical display on call tab (requires QRZ subscription, but I think it is well worth it!).
- LoTW identification of DX spots (Click LoTW and then the command button that says "ID LoTW Users on DX Spots" to enable).
- Ability to save current rig settings from Rig Interface form.
- Ability to adjust CW character spacing for PC generated CW (please use generously for us CW challenged folks!). :)
- Frequency privileges display form remembers last license class selected on next display.
- Ability to disable Watch List form display on Call tab
- Ability to disable list matches on Country field tab for user's country.

Please let me know how you make out!  

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Larry Stowell <lclarks@...>

Scott
Is this still “Beta”? I installed the last Beta.

73 Larry K1ZW

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:53 AM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 5.0 Now On the Website!

Hi Gang,

AC log 5.0 is now on the website!  I'm particularly excited about this release as both the band map zoom features and QRZ image / bio lookup add a lot of neat, additional functionality to the software.  It is so cool to type in a call or click on a DX spot, tab and see the QRZ images immediately appear.  Some of the DX images are breathtaking!

I'll wait a day or two before putting out an announcement on the announcements only list, so in the mean time, please uninstall your current version of AC Log, install this one and give it a REALLY good work out!

- QRZ Callbook image and biographical display on call tab (requires QRZ subscription, but I think it is well worth it!).
- LoTW identification of DX spots (Click LoTW and then the command button that says "ID LoTW Users on DX Spots" to enable).
- Ability to adjust CW character spacing for PC generated CW (please use generously for us CW challenged folks!). :)
- Frequency privileges display form remembers last license class selected on next display.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Scott Davis

Hi Larry,

5.0 is done and on the website!  Enjoy!

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

73, Scott
N3FJP

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Thu, Dec 4, 2014 11:53 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 5.0 Now On the Website!

Scott

73 Larry K1ZW

Hi Gang,

AC log 5.0 is now on the website!  I'm particularly excited about this release as both the band map zoom features and QRZ image / bio lookup add a lot of neat, additional functionality to the software.  It is so cool to type in a call or click on a DX spot, tab and see the QRZ images immediately appear.  Some of the DX images are breathtaking!

73, Scott
N3FJP

John Welch <ke6k@...>

Scott, I can't find the QRZ bio lookup. The info fills in like always but I cant get the other data.

John KE6K

On Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:57 AM, "Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" wrote:

Hi Larry,

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott

73 Larry K1ZW

Hi Gang,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Click Callbook > QRZ Internet and check the check box to retrieve the image / bio.  A QRZ XML subscription is required for this feature.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Dec 4, 2014 12:58 pm

Scott, I can't find the QRZ bio lookup. The info fills in like always but I cant get the other data.

John KE6K

On Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:57 AM, "Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hi Larry,

73, Scott
N3FJP

From: 'Larry Stowell' lclarks@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>

Scott

73 Larry K1ZW

Hi Gang,

73, Scott
N3FJP

John Welch <ke6k@...>

DOH!
Thanks.

John KE6K

On Thursday, December 4, 2014 11:02 AM, "Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" wrote:

Hi John,

Click Callbook > QRZ Internet and check the check box to retrieve the image / bio.  A QRZ XML subscription is required for this feature.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Dec 4, 2014 12:58 pm

John KE6K

On Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:57 AM, "Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hi Larry,

73, Scott
N3FJP

From: 'Larry Stowell' lclarks@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>

Scott

73 Larry K1ZW

Hi Gang,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Fred

How do I get the image? I have a XML sub, I checked Callbook>QRZ, I get the name and location in the comments field, but no image.

Fred K2DFC

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To display QRZ images or navigate to the QRZ bio information when you tab from the Call field:

-  Be sure your QRZ XML subscription is in good standing (QRZ only returns the name after expiration).

-  Be sure your PC is connected to the Internet and that your Internet protection software is allowing AC Log access to the Internet.

-  From AC Log's menu options click Callbook > QRZ Internet Lookup.

-  Check the check box that says Open Image & Bio on Call tab.

When you tab from the Call field, if the user has an image on QRZ, you will see a form like this appear with the person's image and an option to navigate to the bio page:

Otherwise, AC Log will navigate to the user's QRZ bio page.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Dec 4, 2014 8:05 pm

How do I get the image? I have a XML sub, I checked Callbook>QRZ, I get the name and location in the comments field, but no image.

Fred K2DFC

Fred

Thanks Scott. I already had the Callbook > Qrz tab checked when 5.0 was downloaded. So didn't know I had to click on it again to bring up the option page for the image and bio. This is a great feature. Thanks for doing a great job.
Fred K2DFC

jeff.freedman@...

ACL 5.0 working perfectly Scott and Kimberly. Made a couple of needed adjustments and took off with flying colors.

Great work.

For those reading ... Scott and Kimberly really do appreciate your kind donations. I throw a little in the kitty every so often. For such a free,powerful, now acclaimed program it's worth a few $$.

Thanks guys - Jeff K7JF

Pat Whelton

<<<>>>

If I'm not mistaken ACLog is not "free".  Where did you get that idea?  Maybe for the first 30 contacts it might be free but after that you need to pony up.

Regards.

Pat - KZ5J

Wayne Dillon

Scott and Kimberly
Just upgraded to V5 on my "office" as well as my shack pc, perfectly executed and trouble free upgrade - thanks both for another super job, well done. Tested interfacing with my FT920, KX3 and FT817, everything responding just as it should, yeah! now if yo can just see your way clear to incorporating the SKCC and NAQCC member files... just kidding!!!
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Scott Davis

Thanks for your good report, kind words and humor Wayne!

73, Scott
N3FJP

From: Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
To: N3FJP Software Users List
Sent: Sat, Dec 6, 2014 4:34 pm
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Re: AC Log 5.0 Now On the Website!

Scott and Kimberly
Just upgraded to V5 on my "office" as well as my shack pc, perfectly executed and trouble free upgrade - thanks both for another super job, well done. Tested interfacing with my FT920, KX3 and FT817, everything responding just as it should, yeah! now if yo can just see your way clear to incorporating the SKCC and NAQCC member files... just kidding!!!
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Scott Davis

Thanks for your kind words Jeff!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Sat, Dec 6, 2014 12:35 pm

ACL 5.0 working perfectly Scott and Kimberly. Made a couple of needed adjustments and took off with flying colors.

Great work.

For those reading ... Scott and Kimberly really do appreciate your kind donations. I throw a little in the kitty every so often. For such a free,powerful, now acclaimed program it's worth a few $$.

Thanks guys - Jeff K7JF