Pegasus

Wayne AA5JJ

Hello I need help with my Pegasus and ACLOG. I am runign N$PY and
TenTec software and both do the same thing so I do not think it is
the rig software that is causing the problem infact the problem is
probley the Operator....ME....hihi.

OK I boot up everything and it looks like it is all going to work,
in ACLOG I connect to the internet and start getting DX spots which
is great then I see a station that I want to make a contact with so
I clicl on the call and then I get this error message fron
ACLOG.......
"Operation valid only when the port is open", after clicking OK it
does put all the info on ACLOG about the station but it does not
change my radio frequency to where the DX station is....Now all that
said it does not matter which program I am running to control the
Pegasus. When I go to the Rig interface and check to is if it is
reading the radio frequency it is the only problem is that it is not
changing the frequency on the radio, working one way but not the
other. Hope I have explained this well enough for someone to help me.

73 and God bless
Wayne AA5JJ

Dee D. Flint

[...]

Make sure you have the correct com port selected on the rig interface rig as
well as having all the parameters set to match your com port settings.

In addition, for whatever com port you choose, you cannot have another
program running that uses the same com port.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Scott Davis

Thanks for the reports Wayne and Terry.  I'll check it out as soon as I can.

In a message dated 8/14/2005 4:16:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, n6mon@... writes:
I can confirm this behavior. I just upgraded from 2.5 to 2.8 and
right clicking on the DXSpot does NOT cause the radio to change to
frequency/mode. I suspect that the Transfer file is not being
written properly. I have not used 2.6 or 2.7, so I do not know when
the change occurred, but the bug is definitely in 2.8.

I see 2 errors.
1) In 2.5, you open DX spotting configuration, opened the port and
clicked on Done and it worked, it 2,8, if you click on Done, it
tells you that going to the spot is only valid if the port is open.

2) ACLog is NOT writing the pegasus.in file to the \pegasus
directory.

Terry Taylor, N6MON

--- In N3FJP_Software_Users@..., Wayne AA5JJ
wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Dee, it does not use a comm port
> it uses a file called C:\Pegasu\Pegasus.out that is
> where it gets the info from for the Pegasus to show
> the frequency and that works fine, I just cant get it
> to talk to the rig when I click on a DX call to change
> the frequency on the rig. The Pegasus is a Computer
> controled rig ONLY no knobs at all so the computer has
> to control everything, it is on comm 4 and works fine.
> I know there is somethink that I am doing wron and
> hoped there was someone out there running a Pegasus
> with ACLOG.
>
> 73 Wayne AA5JJ

Click Here!

This user group is a great forum for asking questions and sharing ideas with the valuable resource of both new and experienced N3FJP Software users, but it does get busy.  There is an easy way to cut down on the e-mail volume.  If you only want to receive announcements from Kimberly and me regarding upgrades and new products, please join our "announcements only" list instead.  We keep e-mail to the "announcements only" list to an absolute minimum.  Please join by sending a blank e-mail to:

N3FJP_Software-subscribe@....

Then unsubscribe from this user group by sending an email to:

As always, thanks for your interest, kind thoughts, support and spreading the word about our software!

73, Scott & Kimberly
N3FJP & KA3SEQ
http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with general logging and contesting software since 1997.

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Wayne AA5JJ

Thanks for the reply Dee, it does not use a comm port
it uses a file called C:&#92;Pegasu&#92;Pegasus.out that is
[...]

Terence Taylor

I can confirm this behavior. I just upgraded from 2.5 to 2.8 and
right clicking on the DXSpot does NOT cause the radio to change to
frequency/mode. I suspect that the Transfer file is not being
written properly. I have not used 2.6 or 2.7, so I do not know when
the change occurred, but the bug is definitely in 2.8.

I see 2 errors.
1) In 2.5, you open DX spotting configuration, opened the port and
clicked on Done and it worked, it 2,8, if you click on Done, it
tells you that going to the spot is only valid if the port is open.

2) ACLog is NOT writing the pegasus.in file to the &#92;pegasus
directory.

Terry Taylor, N6MON

--- In N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com, Wayne AA5JJ
<aa5jj@y...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply Terry I was beginning to think
that is was the Loose NUT behind the radio ***ME***
hihi.

73 Wayne AA5JJ