OT: BPL on ZDNet...

Royce Bell

I know this is off topic, but I trust that Scott will allow me to request
that
EVERYONE (pardon the shout) follow the link below to ZDNet's ridiculous
touting
of BPL as a great technology. Several hams have already posted replies
(including me) and I hope each of you will do the same!

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-6005-5780316.html

To post a reply, you will need a ZDNet account, but it's free and there is
no
better technology-oriented site to which you can be subscribed.

Thanks, Scott...and apologies in advance for the OT.

73 de KX7Q

Terence Taylor

and......

IBM is moving in to BPL

http://news.com.com/IBM+partners+to+offer+broadband+from+a+wall+plug/
2100-1034_3-5782194.html?tag=nefd.top

or http://tinyurl.com/8qvwb

--- In N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com, "R. P. Bell"
<rpbell@e...> wrote:
I know this is off topic, but I trust that Scott will allow me to
request
that
EVERYONE (pardon the shout) follow the link below to ZDNet's
ridiculous
touting
of BPL as a great technology. Several hams have already posted
replies
(including me) and I hope each of you will do the same!

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-6005-5780316.html

To post a reply, you will need a ZDNet account, but it's free and
there is
no
better technology-oriented site to which you can be subscribed.

Thanks, Scott...and apologies in advance for the OT.

73 de KX7Q

Scott Davis

Hi Royce,

Thanks for the information and helping to fight the good fight!  As most everyone here knows, I have submitted several comments on the FCC's Electronic Comment Filing System against BPL interference.

Fighting BPL absolutely IS on topic for all of us who enjoy and hope to preserve Amateur Radio.  If we want to help protect Amateur Radio, we each need to be vocal on this issue at every opportunity!

Our voices are helping to slow BPL's deployment, and the further it falls behind the less likely it will catch on.  Grab your keyboard, pen or phone and keep the pressure on!

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

I know this is off topic, but I trust that Scott will allow me to request
that
EVERYONE (pardon the shout) follow the link below to ZDNet's ridiculous
touting
of BPL as a great technology.  Several hams have already posted replies
(including me) and I hope each of you will do the same!

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-6005-5780316.html

To post a reply, you will need a ZDNet account, but it's free and there is
no
better technology-oriented site to which you can be subscribed.

Thanks, Scott...and apologies in advance for the OT.

73 de KX7Q

This user group is a great forum for asking questions and sharing ideas with the
valuable resource of both new and experienced N3FJP Software users, but it does
get busy.  There is an easy way to cut down on the e-mail volume.  If you only
want to receive announcements from Kimberly and me regarding upgrades and new
products, please join our "announcements only" list instead.  We keep e-mail to
the "announcements only" list to an absolute minimum.  Please join by sending a
blank e-mail to:

N3FJP_Software-subscribe@....

Then unsubscribe from this user group by sending an email to:

As always, thanks for your interest, kind thoughts, support and spreading the
word about our software!

73, Scott & Kimberly
N3FJP & KA3SEQ
http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with general logging and contesting software
since 1997.

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

BRIAN COCHRAN <WS1N8FK@...>