LoTW clarification

Edward Leicester <kg4qmi@...>

Hi Scott, I have a question about the LoTW d/l process. I just did a request
for new contacts and got 5 responses. 4 were from yesterday and 1 was a new
one. In a response to Neil (copied below) you said that thru ACL, we could
choose the ones we wanted to add. When I got the list I could highlight the
records but I didn't notice any opptions appear to add/delette any of the
records. So, what am I missing or did I misunderstand Neil's question and
your response. I may very well be barking up the wrong tree.

As a side note, the fact that I got the 4 from yesterday is probably an LoTW
issue. Even when I got the info in ADIF format straight from them, there was
extra data. I'd just edit the ADIF file before importing into ACL.

Thanks, Ed

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your comments. Keep in mind that ACLog will let you know
if it has found additional QSO's in the LoTW download and gives you
the option of adding them. You have control over whether they are
added or not.

------------------------------------
Edward Leicester
Reg. 1 Director
North Carolina Baptist Men
-----------------------------------
EC-Perq. County, Area 1
NC-ARES
Hertford NC
252-426-7246
KG4QMI/FM16/6m# 2097
http://home.earthlink.net/~kg4qmi

Scott Davis

Hi Ed,

Good Question, in a nutshell it works like this:

- You request a download from LoTW.

- All the records requested from LoTW are displayed in the
list box at the lower part of the LoTW form.

- At the same time, your log records are reviewed and confirmed when the date/time/band criteria are met. Any additional fields such as county, grid etc, are also populated.

- If a record is encoutered that doesn't have a match, ACLog lets you know and asks whether you want to add records or not.

- If you choose No, additional records are not added.

- If you choose Yes they are. You can then close the LoTW form and the added records will be at the top of the main form list. You can review the records from the main form and delete any if you like.

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.