ACLog with QRZ CDROM or Buckmaster data

Scott Davis

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your interest in ACLog.  ACLog will use the data in either the QRZ or Buckmaster CD's as well as the freely available "ACLog Ready" data on my website.  If you want to track grids you'll need the Buckmaster CD.  It is not on the QRZ CD.

Thanks for your kind words on the software.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

73,

Scott, N3FJP
snkdavis@...
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with general logging and contesting software since 1997.

In a message dated 07/11/03 7:02:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SWS@... writes:

Scott,

I downloaded ACLog yesterday and am currently evaluating it.  So far,
it looks like just what I need.

Question:  If I were to purchase the QRZ CDROM or the Buckmaster CD,
will ACLog "pick up" and display the grid square and county data (or
any other available data) with each contact logged?

Frankly, I'm not familiar with the data contained on the QRZ CD for
example, but I would make the assumption that it contains the same
data that is shown when performing a callsign lookup on QRZ.com.

This would certainly be easier than manually entering grid square and
county data that the FCC database doesn't include.

TIA,
Scott, N8ILG

n8ilg

Scott,

I downloaded ACLog yesterday and am currently evaluating it. So far,
it looks like just what I need.

Question: If I were to purchase the QRZ CDROM or the Buckmaster CD,
will ACLog "pick up" and display the grid square and county data (or
any other available data) with each contact logged?

Frankly, I'm not familiar with the data contained on the QRZ CD for
example, but I would make the assumption that it contains the same
data that is shown when performing a callsign lookup on QRZ.com.

This would certainly be easier than manually entering grid square and
county data that the FCC database doesn't include.

TIA,
Scott, N8ILG

Thomas Giella KN4LF <kn4lf@...>

I use to download the ACLog C/S database twice a year but recently I downloaded the FCC and Canadian callsign databases for my ACLog. They are large files but the data seems to be more accurate.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm

KN4LF 160-10 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm

Friend Website Design Studio:
http://www.kn4lf.com