Date   

Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Gary E. Kohtala
 

Hi Scott,

I have beta 6.7.1 connected to my DX Cluster W7JD-1 in Radcliff, KY. So far everything appears
to be working well. Thanks for the opportunity to test.

Happy Thanksgiving.. Be safe..

de Gary, K7EK



Re: Callbook-QRZ Internet Lookup

kd8cap@...
 

I am also getting errors using QRZ lookup. I have an XML subscription... I use my QRZ login and password. But this is all I get:  
Is there another login and password QRZ is suppose to provide?
73, Joe
KD8CAP@...


Re: Menu Font Issue on New PC

Paul AC9O
 

Thanks for the quick response Scott.

It's already at that setting. I tried changing it and then back again and it didn't make a difference.

Also, I noticed that when I resize the window vertically, it cuts off the bottom of text in those areas.

Note that I don't use it full screen as I have a very large monitor. If I reset it, then it's MONSTER size!

73 and Happy Thanksgiving.
Paul, AC9O


Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott Davis
 

Awesome George, thanks so much for the great report!

Happy Thanksgiving!


73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: K7GA <k7ga@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 11:40 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Have had Beta log going for a week. Up to now,  even though  spotting source I use is very robust,  it or my local network drops out for a few seconds quite often and I lose spotting until  I manually reset. With the Beta this has become moot and I am for the first time in ages have seamless spotting! My source has not dropped out for any length of time so cannot vouch for the transfer to a next source yet. I don’t care!  Your upgrade has fixed the instantaneous interrupt problem nicely. Well done!!
Geoff K7GA 

Sent from Geoff’s iPhone X

On Nov 24, 2020, at 05:22, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:


Thanks so much for the good report George!

It has been difficult to test here as I rarely lose connection, so I really appreciate the reports from you all.

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: K4GM-George <k4gm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott,

You have done an excellent job on the auto reconnect feature.   Today I installed the beta and left the PC all afternoon until a few minutes ago (7 hrs).   When I returned my preferred cluster was still there and ACLog was still downloading spots.   For the last month or so I have been plagued by quick disconnect of the cluster, usually after only a couple of hours.   Thanks!    I have not had a disconnect yet so can't speak to that, but I will do so if and when one occurs.

73, George K4GM


On 11/19/2020 5:07 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

I've been working on enhancing the DX Spotting reconnect functionality in my software.  In addition to automatically attempting a reconnect with your currently selected DX Spotting Telnet host, if the reconnect attempt fails, it will then try the next host in your list.

This is a difficult function to test, as aside from unplugging and replugging the LAN cable to simulate a disconnect, it is tough to simulate all the scenarios causing a disconnection.  I think the best way to test this is for as many of us to run AC Log, as much as possible and see what occurs if / when the Telnet site you happen to be connected to goes down.

If you would like to help test this feature, would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then install this version:


It will say Beta 6.7.1 in the title bar.

Then click Settings > DX Spotting > Configure and check the Auto Reconnect option here:

Capture.JPG


If you have the ability to simulate a connection loss, awesome.  Otherwise, just let AC Log roll and see what happens.  There will be a text to speech voice letting you know if there is a reconnect attempt or a new site is tried.  You will also see text on the DX Spotting set up form of the attempts.

If you leave the PC, make a note of the host you are connected to and see if it is still the same site when you return.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Please let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


Re: Menu Font Issue on New PC

Scott Davis
 

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your e-mail.  In your Windows display settings, set your Scale & Layout font display to 100%:

Capture.JPG


That should do the trick.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: Paul AC9O <pphiliphome@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Menu Font Issue on New PC

I know this has been addressed before, but I don't see a solution.

I have upgraded to a new PC and when setting up the fonts, I was able to change most of them as I like.

However, the menu fonts and some other messages (like where the QRZ and LoTW messages come out) are too big and are cut off.

I tried the reset to default, and went into Windows setting and couldn't find anything that worked.

Hope you have found a solution. Sorry if I didn't find one already out there.

Thank you and 73
Paul, AC9O


Re: Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #fields #contest

Scott Davis
 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail and suggestion.  I'm not planning to head in that direction currently, but I appreciate your thoughts!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: wo8usa@... <wo8usa@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>; N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 5:06 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #fields #contest

Not concerned with accuracy here, just getting the distance and bearing data into the record file. 

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 04:58:13 PM EST, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:


Michael

If you are talking about the range and bearing information in the lower left hand corner of the page, it does not give accurate information. It only calculate the cent of the prefix plus number. try it. every w7 is the same.

Mel
NE9A
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Distance/Bearing stored with Contact
record ?? #fields #contest
From: wo8usa@...
Date: Wed, November 25, 2020 1:29 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I realize this was discussed a few years ago:  I'd like to see if the distance/bearing information can be incorporated directly into the Record file, with QRP and digital contests seems like the power/distance ratio will be more important.  Good for performance analysis too. Any hope?

(old stuff below:)
 Michael Payne
4/26/18   #34356  

Hello! I have input the correct Latitude and Longitude for my location, but I don't remember setting it before. My question is - Can I somehow recalculate every mileage distance for several hundred records at once, or is there another solution to my problem? Any detailed help would be a tremendously appreciated! I apologize if this has been asked before.
73,
K5MFP
 
 

 Scott Davis
4/26/18   #34357  

Hi Michael,
 
Thanks for your e-mail.  The bearing and distance aren't saved with each QSO record.  It is just for informational purposes during the QSO.
 
Enjoy!


73, Scott
N3FJP


Re: Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #fields #contest

wo8usa@gmail.com
 

Not concerned with accuracy here, just getting the distance and bearing data into the record file. 

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 04:58:13 PM EST, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:


Michael

If you are talking about the range and bearing information in the lower left hand corner of the page, it does not give accurate information. It only calculate the cent of the prefix plus number. try it. every w7 is the same.

Mel
NE9A
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Distance/Bearing stored with Contact
record ?? #fields #contest
From: wo8usa@...
Date: Wed, November 25, 2020 1:29 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I realize this was discussed a few years ago:  I'd like to see if the distance/bearing information can be incorporated directly into the Record file, with QRP and digital contests seems like the power/distance ratio will be more important.  Good for performance analysis too. Any hope?

(old stuff below:)
 Michael Payne
4/26/18   #34356  

Hello! I have input the correct Latitude and Longitude for my location, but I don't remember setting it before. My question is - Can I somehow recalculate every mileage distance for several hundred records at once, or is there another solution to my problem? Any detailed help would be a tremendously appreciated! I apologize if this has been asked before.
73,
K5MFP
 
 

 Scott Davis
4/26/18   #34357  

Hi Michael,
 
Thanks for your e-mail.  The bearing and distance aren't saved with each QSO record.  It is just for informational purposes during the QSO.
 
Enjoy!


73, Scott
N3FJP


Re: Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #fields #contest

Mel Marcus
 

Michael

If you are talking about the range and bearing information in the lower left hand corner of the page, it does not give accurate information. It only calculate the cent of the prefix plus number. try it. every w7 is the same.

Mel
NE9A

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Distance/Bearing stored with Contact
record ?? #fields #contest
From: wo8usa@...
Date: Wed, November 25, 2020 1:29 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I realize this was discussed a few years ago:  I'd like to see if the distance/bearing information can be incorporated directly into the Record file, with QRP and digital contests seems like the power/distance ratio will be more important.  Good for performance analysis too. Any hope?

(old stuff below:)
 Michael Payne
4/26/18   

Hello! I have input the correct Latitude and Longitude for my location, but I don't remember setting it before. My question is - Can I somehow recalculate every mileage distance for several hundred records at once, or is there another solution to my problem? Any detailed help would be a tremendously appreciated! I apologize if this has been asked before.
73,
K5MFP
 
 

 Scott Davis
4/26/18   

Hi Michael,
 
Thanks for your e-mail.  The bearing and distance aren't saved with each QSO record.  It is just for informational purposes during the QSO.
 
Enjoy!


73, Scott
N3FJP


Menu Font Issue on New PC

Paul AC9O
 

I know this has been addressed before, but I don't see a solution.

I have upgraded to a new PC and when setting up the fonts, I was able to change most of them as I like.

However, the menu fonts and some other messages (like where the QRZ and LoTW messages come out) are too big and are cut off.

I tried the reset to default, and went into Windows setting and couldn't find anything that worked.

Hope you have found a solution. Sorry if I didn't find one already out there.

Thank you and 73
Paul, AC9O


Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #fields #contest

wo8usa@gmail.com
 

I realize this was discussed a few years ago:  I'd like to see if the distance/bearing information can be incorporated directly into the Record file, with QRP and digital contests seems like the power/distance ratio will be more important.  Good for performance analysis too. Any hope?

(old stuff below:)
 Michael Payne
4/26/18   

Hello! I have input the correct Latitude and Longitude for my location, but I don't remember setting it before. My question is - Can I somehow recalculate every mileage distance for several hundred records at once, or is there another solution to my problem? Any detailed help would be a tremendously appreciated! I apologize if this has been asked before.

73,

K5MFP

 

 

 Scott Davis
4/26/18   

Hi Michael,
 
Thanks for your e-mail.  The bearing and distance aren't saved with each QSO record.  It is just for informational purposes during the QSO.
 
Enjoy!


73, Scott
N3FJP


Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

K7GA
 

Have had Beta log going for a week. Up to now,  even though  spotting source I use is very robust,  it or my local network drops out for a few seconds quite often and I lose spotting until  I manually reset. With the Beta this has become moot and I am for the first time in ages have seamless spotting! My source has not dropped out for any length of time so cannot vouch for the transfer to a next source yet. I don’t care!  Your upgrade has fixed the instantaneous interrupt problem nicely. Well done!!
Geoff K7GA 

Sent from Geoff’s iPhone X

On Nov 24, 2020, at 05:22, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:


Thanks so much for the good report George!

It has been difficult to test here as I rarely lose connection, so I really appreciate the reports from you all.

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: K4GM-George <k4gm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott,

You have done an excellent job on the auto reconnect feature.   Today I installed the beta and left the PC all afternoon until a few minutes ago (7 hrs).   When I returned my preferred cluster was still there and ACLog was still downloading spots.   For the last month or so I have been plagued by quick disconnect of the cluster, usually after only a couple of hours.   Thanks!    I have not had a disconnect yet so can't speak to that, but I will do so if and when one occurs.

73, George K4GM


On 11/19/2020 5:07 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

I've been working on enhancing the DX Spotting reconnect functionality in my software.  In addition to automatically attempting a reconnect with your currently selected DX Spotting Telnet host, if the reconnect attempt fails, it will then try the next host in your list.

This is a difficult function to test, as aside from unplugging and replugging the LAN cable to simulate a disconnect, it is tough to simulate all the scenarios causing a disconnection.  I think the best way to test this is for as many of us to run AC Log, as much as possible and see what occurs if / when the Telnet site you happen to be connected to goes down.

If you would like to help test this feature, would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then install this version:


It will say Beta 6.7.1 in the title bar.

Then click Settings > DX Spotting > Configure and check the Auto Reconnect option here:

Capture.JPG


If you have the ability to simulate a connection loss, awesome.  Otherwise, just let AC Log roll and see what happens.  There will be a text to speech voice letting you know if there is a reconnect attempt or a new site is tried.  You will also see text on the DX Spotting set up form of the attempts.

If you leave the PC, make a note of the host you are connected to and see if it is still the same site when you return.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Please let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Dave C
 

Scott,

Following up, after installing the 6.7.1 Beta, on at least two occasions I have heard the announcement that a re-connect took place, apparently successfully.

Dave


Re: Serial Number - Sweepstakes

Tanner Jones, W9TWJ
 

Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I thought I saw somewhere where the serial was based on the last log entry so I wasn't following why a callsign entered into the call field would not update on the other PC when a new entry was made.

Thanks for the help... we'll have to figure out something to support our multi op effort.

Saw you spotted a couple times this weekend Scott but was never able to find you.


Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott Davis
 

Awesome George, thanks loads for the great report!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: K4GM-George <k4gm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Nov 24, 2020 11:09 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Hi Scott,

As a follow up to my previous email I did more testing.   Because of my business I have access to numerous wireless WIFI routers which connect wirelessly to cell towers.   I set up two other WIFI routers in addition to the one I normally use and switched from one to the other and so on  seriatim several times.  Each time I switched networks I heard the audio notification that ACLog was trying to reconnect to the cluster and each time it did successfully!!   Just thought I would confirm that the beta was working A-OK.   My cluster has not gone down yet but it may be overloaded and grind to a halt this weekend.   If I ever notice a re-connect to a second cluster I will advise.    I really appreciate this improvement.... in fact, one of my most appreciated.  

73, George K4GM


On 11/24/2020 7:22 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Thanks so much for the good report George!

It has been difficult to test here as I rarely lose connection, so I really appreciate the reports from you all.

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: K4GM-George <k4gm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott,

You have done an excellent job on the auto reconnect feature.   Today I installed the beta and left the PC all afternoon until a few minutes ago (7 hrs).   When I returned my preferred cluster was still there and ACLog was still downloading spots.   For the last month or so I have been plagued by quick disconnect of the cluster, usually after only a couple of hours.   Thanks!    I have not had a disconnect yet so can't speak to that, but I will do so if and when one occurs.

73, George K4GM


On 11/19/2020 5:07 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

I've been working on enhancing the DX Spotting reconnect functionality in my software.  In addition to automatically attempting a reconnect with your currently selected DX Spotting Telnet host, if the reconnect attempt fails, it will then try the next host in your list.

This is a difficult function to test, as aside from unplugging and replugging the LAN cable to simulate a disconnect, it is tough to simulate all the scenarios causing a disconnection.  I think the best way to test this is for as many of us to run AC Log, as much as possible and see what occurs if / when the Telnet site you happen to be connected to goes down.

If you would like to help test this feature, would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then install this version:


It will say Beta 6.7.1 in the title bar.

Then click Settings > DX Spotting > Configure and check the Auto Reconnect option here:

Capture.JPG


If you have the ability to simulate a connection loss, awesome.  Otherwise, just let AC Log roll and see what happens.  There will be a text to speech voice letting you know if there is a reconnect attempt or a new site is tried.  You will also see text on the DX Spotting set up form of the attempts.

If you leave the PC, make a note of the host you are connected to and see if it is still the same site when you return.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Please let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...



Re: Question on confirmations

Scott Davis
 

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  In addition to LoTW, if you also want to count eQSL confirmations as confirmations in your log, check this check box here:

Capture.JPG

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: Mel Marcus <melm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Nov 24, 2020 8:48 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Question on confirmations

During sweepstakes I worked a station and uploaded to eQSL and LoTW

My screen shows this contact in green showing that i did upload the contact.

I subsequently did a download for both eQSL andLoTW.

When I look at the record it shows there has been a confirmation by eQSL.

I dont know if he uses LoTW

The record remains to be green instead of turning blue meaning confirmed.

Am I wrong in assuming the a confirmation by eQSL shown turn the record blue?

Mel
NE9A


Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

K4GM-George
 

Hi Scott,

As a follow up to my previous email I did more testing.   Because of my business I have access to numerous wireless WIFI routers which connect wirelessly to cell towers.   I set up two other WIFI routers in addition to the one I normally use and switched from one to the other and so on  seriatim several times.  Each time I switched networks I heard the audio notification that ACLog was trying to reconnect to the cluster and each time it did successfully!!   Just thought I would confirm that the beta was working A-OK.   My cluster has not gone down yet but it may be overloaded and grind to a halt this weekend.   If I ever notice a re-connect to a second cluster I will advise.    I really appreciate this improvement.... in fact, one of my most appreciated.  

73, George K4GM


On 11/24/2020 7:22 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Thanks so much for the good report George!

It has been difficult to test here as I rarely lose connection, so I really appreciate the reports from you all.

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: K4GM-George <k4gm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott,

You have done an excellent job on the auto reconnect feature.   Today I installed the beta and left the PC all afternoon until a few minutes ago (7 hrs).   When I returned my preferred cluster was still there and ACLog was still downloading spots.   For the last month or so I have been plagued by quick disconnect of the cluster, usually after only a couple of hours.   Thanks!    I have not had a disconnect yet so can't speak to that, but I will do so if and when one occurs.

73, George K4GM


On 11/19/2020 5:07 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

I've been working on enhancing the DX Spotting reconnect functionality in my software.  In addition to automatically attempting a reconnect with your currently selected DX Spotting Telnet host, if the reconnect attempt fails, it will then try the next host in your list.

This is a difficult function to test, as aside from unplugging and replugging the LAN cable to simulate a disconnect, it is tough to simulate all the scenarios causing a disconnection.  I think the best way to test this is for as many of us to run AC Log, as much as possible and see what occurs if / when the Telnet site you happen to be connected to goes down.

If you would like to help test this feature, would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then install this version:


It will say Beta 6.7.1 in the title bar.

Then click Settings > DX Spotting > Configure and check the Auto Reconnect option here:

Capture.JPG


If you have the ability to simulate a connection loss, awesome.  Otherwise, just let AC Log roll and see what happens.  There will be a text to speech voice letting you know if there is a reconnect attempt or a new site is tried.  You will also see text on the DX Spotting set up form of the attempts.

If you leave the PC, make a note of the host you are connected to and see if it is still the same site when you return.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Please let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...



Question on confirmations

Mel Marcus
 

During sweepstakes I worked a station and uploaded to eQSL and LoTW

My screen shows this contact in green showing that i did upload the contact.

I subsequently did a download for both eQSL andLoTW.

When I look at the record it shows there has been a confirmation by eQSL.

I dont know if he uses LoTW

The record remains to be green instead of turning blue meaning confirmed.

Am I wrong in assuming the a confirmation by eQSL shown turn the record blue?

Mel
NE9A


Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Dan Morris
 

Yeah Steve, I well know what you mean about LoTW and I am very, very tempted to just quit it and stick with eQSL.  In the last 5 or 6 years I think I maybe get one or two at the most eQSL’s from someone’s call I remember but did not work.  Some of those that I remember is where I tried calling them and did not get an answer and maybe they did come back to me but that, of course, does not constitute a QSL at all. Scott’s software is the very best and the support is impeccable.
I don’t use near what the program can do and I absolutely do not do rig control, just not my thing and way too many people I see on this list have too many problems, so I figure that is one less problem I need to deal with.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!



On Nov 24, 2020, at 10:16 AM, Steven Weeks via groups.io <swweeks@...> wrote:

Scott - the beta has been working perfectly for me too.  Previously the DX spotting stopped twice a day, 12 hours apart plus or minus a few minutes, and, on many days, another random stop or two.  The beta is successfully reconnecting every time (to the same site, not switching to another one).
 
This is a wonderful improvement.  It was just a nuisance to reconnect, not a big deal except for missing spots when I didn't notice that it had stopped, but not having to reconnect over and over is great.  Tinkering with the Windows registry, as previously suggested by others on this forum, had not solved the problem.
 
BTW, our club used the private website aggregation feature in the SSB contest.  This is another really neat feature of the software that many people probably don't know about; it was a lot of fun, although none of us is a heavy hitter in the national contest so we were not using it for serious team competition.  Now if people would just confirm on LoTW -- I get about 90% on FT8 and the much lower percentages on SSB, CW and RTTY are disappointing.  Not your fault since your software makes it so easy to upload!
 
73, Steve AA8SW


Re: Tab Key bounce ?

Kevin Gray
 

Ed,

In addition to Steve’s reply (Good Idea) you can always “Scroll” all the way to the bottom of Every email and Unsubscribe .

Or if you find a topic that doesn’t interest you, from the same location (just above the other link) you can Mute this Topic

 

73  Kevin N9VPV

 

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 12:06 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Tab Key bounce ?

 

Ed,

Perhaps rather than unsubscribing and missing things that might be of interest to you, may I suggest changing your preferences to either the digest or the daily summary. Then you could choose which to peruse in more detail. That is how I have the majority of my groups set up.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/24 09:51, Ed Eklin wrote:

Too many emails of no interest to me.. I can't seem to get unsubscribed from this link.. someone please help the ole guy.. Many thanks in advance.. Ed K8ZZ

 

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ

 


Re: Tab Key bounce ?

AI3KS
 

Ed,

Perhaps rather than unsubscribing and missing things that might be of interest to you, may I suggest changing your preferences to either the digest or the daily summary. Then you could choose which to peruse in more detail. That is how I have the majority of my groups set up.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/24 09:51, Ed Eklin wrote:
Too many emails of no interest to me.. I can't seem to get unsubscribed from this link.. someone please help the ole guy.. Many thanks in advance.. Ed K8ZZ

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ