CW Parallel Port Schematics

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Huel, K4DRQ was kind enough to send along some links he found to build a parallel interface for CW keying:

http://users.pandora.be/on5zo/cw_int.htm

http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/contest/opto_key.htm

Several words of caution. The code for the parallel port CW keying enhancement was designed for and tested by using the W1GEE parallel interface (available on my website for anyone who doesn't want to build their own). The W1GEE interface uses pin 17 to send CW and pin 1 for ground. I don't know if the above schematics will need any modification to work properly or not. If you feel adventerous and give either/both of the above schematics a try, please let me know how they work out. I'm looking forward to your comments and feedback.

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.