Re: VHF Log and grid squares

Scott Davis

Hi Tim,

Yes, I'm glad you asked. I've had a couple of requests for a larger grid map and there are a couple of ways to go.

As you know, I've already allocated as much room to the main form for the map as I can. To enhance the display I can:

- Add 4 arrow keys (North, South, East and West) so that you can "scroll" through additional area.

Advantage - You don't have to leave the main form (fewer keystrokes/clicks)

Disadvantage - The only way to see additional area is by scrolling.

- Add another full screen form to display the larger map area.

Advantage - You will be able to see a larger area at one time.

Disadvantage - The map won't constantly be displayed. You will have to open and close it each time you wish to view it.

- Provide both options.

I'd love to hear comments from the group on your preferences. All suggestions are welcome!

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

In a message dated 6/18/2003 10:31:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Tim" <tim@...> writes:

Hello Scott!
I used VHF log over this past weekend in the June contest... it made my life so much easier. One question:
Have you ever thought about expanding on the grid square view in the lower right corner? I found that a lot of grids that I had worked didn't show as they were outside the group of grids that show in the existing view.
This is just a question... I love the software otherwise!

73 de Tim, N4TSS