Thanks Mel and Keith - Appreciate the info.  I figured there were reasons for some to log power for sure. I just never have. The only power I have ever logged was when I work QRP and I have not done that very often since my measly vertical can be tough for people to hear me!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 20, 2022, at 3:22 PM, Keith LaBorde via groups.io <klaborde@...> wrote:

I log power all the time since I work from home, mobile, and POTA.

Keith,
K4KAL

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 02:25:52 PM EDT, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

I think one of the reasons is that some QSL cards show power. so when we create the QSO label, the people would like to have it add the power.

Mel
NE9A

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Dan Morris via groups.io <dbmorris315@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 12:40 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Logging Power

I guess I may have a dumb question but here goes. Why would one want to log power?  I think I can understand if they are operating QRP and if QRP I think the standard is 5W.  I’m just curious. I did not that power was a requirement for logging? Thank you for any decent responses.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 20, 2022, at 10:12 AM, Mike <W4BZM@...> wrote:

Scott, I echo Savi’s desire.  I frequently adjust power as I try to make contacts with stations at different distances but use minimum power to do so.  Although my software set-up makes logging stations in ACL a breeze, I find myself often having to go back and do a line-by-line edit to log a correct power setting.  I’m not sure where ACL takes its “power” number from — perhaps the last logged station?

I’m not a computer guru, but maybe you can help me with a question.  For digital QSOs other than FTx, I have Flrig running CAT to my FTdx-10, and reporting frequency to Fldigi.  Fldigi, once given the station call, can populate its information blocks for country, state, grid, name — I’m not sure whether this data comes from the QRZ database or from within ACL.  Flrig knows the transmitter power, but I’m not sure that power gets passed from Flrig to Fldigi.

If the power value is indeed passed from Flrig to Fldigi (and I’m not sure that’s the case, but can ask in another forum), would the interface between Fldigi and ACL support logging that actual power value?  This would not required ACL to read the power from a variety of rigs, only to use the power value supplied by Fldigi to populate the ACL entry.  (Similar to how Comments within Fldigi are copied to ACL when the station is logged.) Is that even an option?

In closing, I’d like to echo everyone else’s appreciation for a FB software tool and for your dedicated customer support.

Mike W4BZM