Re: Armed Forces QSL

Bob Stothfang

Here's my  belt and suspenders log path...

I log each contact to ACLog (N3FJP). Then...
I upload to LoTW at the end of the session. Then...
At the end of the day I download any confirmed or accepted LoTW files back into ACLog to update the ACLog entries. Then.....
I import the LoTW updates into my QRZ log directly from LoTW with a couple of easy key strokes. Then...
Each night when I close my ACLog it automatically saves the ACLog mdb file to my DropBox account.
Occasionally I will upload my log to eQSL for any folks that prefer that logging technique.

The mdb file in my DropBox account is my primary backup file stored offsite. If a disaster happens (i.e. Fire, theft, tornado or computer failure etc.) I can easily get my ACLog file back in the original file format that ACLog understands.

Bob - W8RES

On 2022-05-19 15:26, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
I not only log in ACLog but also LOTW, eqSL, and QRZ.COM. If for some reason, the HD crashes, I can get a copy off one of these sites to repopulate the New ACLog.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:24:01 AM CDT, Russ Johnson <radiok3pi@...> wrote:

Oh yeah definitely 

Too much work for that!

I keep a printed copy of contest logs as a back up 

On May 19, 2022, at 11:19 AM, Pat Whelton <pwhelton@...> wrote:

Hey Russ.  I’m like you a belt and suspenders guy.  I log to ACLog and to paper logs.  The only thing I do not log to the paper log is contests.  I just place a note in the paper log to look in ACLog for the contest contacts and import the logs.  Old school I guess.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Russ Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:02 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Armed Forces QSL

I actually double log.   After it goes into N3FJP, it gets entered into ARRL Mini Log. I modify columns some and use the adjacent reverse side for comments.

Stuff happens.  

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 1:09 PM Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 09:12 AM, Wes Stewart wrote:

The only problem has been that when I upload my log to Clublog, it protests the calls.

That will happen with any logging system setup for amateur radio.  The MARS calls use a different format.

I have some old ARRL logbooks that I used before the advent of computer logs.  I still have a few blank books.  I simply use one of those books for anything out of the ordinary.  I used it for this year's AFD QSOs.  I use it for Shortwave stations I find interesting, etc., etc.

I'm glad I bought a bunch of those books when I placed my last order, but I'm always a bit surprised by the number of hams who still write down their QSOs.  I'd have thought most everybody would be using logging programs by now, but that's not the case.

Chris  NU1O

--

“Focus on the signal… not the noise”

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.