Re: Can't upload 10 meter log to server. Error

Christopher Scibelli

Thanks for the correct format, Larry.  I'm sure glad you live in MA and have done this.

I've been fooling with this since around noon so I'm going to try and take a nap and I'll edit the Cabrillo file tonight. At least I have a week if I have more issues. I'm not winning anything but I do like to submit my logs.

At least I now know what I did wrong and the solution is just some time typing at the keyboard.  I can handle that.

I am 62 and until this accident, I've had a photographic memory. Hopefully, I still do have it and these mistakes are from hitting my head a few times. Memory diseases must be the cruelest of all.  I had an aunt who died from Alzheimer's.  If that's in store for me down the road I'd rather go out in a bang than suffer as she must have.

Thanks for all the help guys.  I've rarely needed help since this program is so intuitive to use, but it's great to know so many are willing to help when one needs assistance!  Thanks and I hope the questions are over and done with.

Chris Scibelli   NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Dec 13, 2021 4:00 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Can't upload 10 meter log to server. Error

Hi Chris,

Scott just sent you a note to just use the US version:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your e-mail.  There are two versions of the 10 Meter contest software.  One is for US / Canada / Mexico, who send states / provinces and the other is for DX, who send serial numbers.  You logged with the DX version of the software instead of using the US / Canada / Mexico version.

Go ahead and and install the correct version (topmost link)( and create your Cabrillo file.
Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Try to simply open your log file (not the ADIF) and rewrite the Cabrillo.

If you need to edit the Cabrillo, just replace the serial number with MA.  Again, here is a line from mine:
QSO: 28021 CW 2021-12-11 0038 W1DYJ         599     MA K1KI            599     CT

Larry / W1DYJ

On 12/13/2021 15:52, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io wrote:
 I did download and use the DX version. I came to that conclusion on my own about half an hour ago.  I copied my log, deleted the DX program, downloaded the correct program, and I tried to import my ADIF file from the DX log into the US 10 meter program but the format is wrong. 

Here's what I'm getting from the ARRL's report on my log errors:
  • QSO: 28000 PH 2021-12-11 0044 NU1O 59 001 KC1XX 59 NH
    sent exchange qth (001) not valid
  • QSO: 28000 PH 2021-12-11 0046 NU1O 59 002 W1TJL 59 CT
    sent exchange qth (002) not valid
  • QSO: 28000 PH 2021-12-11 0047 NU1O 59 003 W1TRK 59 MA
    sent exchange qth (003) not valid
  • QSO: 28000 PH 2021-12-11 0048 NU1O 59 004 N1LZF 59 MA
    sent exchange qth (004) not valid

Congrats WA9PND for arriving at the right answer!  So my Cabrillo file must be manually edited one entry at a time?

Can somebody provide the correct format for a QSO from MA? I think it was given in a previous reply..  After I take a nap I will edit the Cabrillo file. I think it's just missing MA but I need to know exactly where it goes.

The robot still doesn't like my choice of QTH.  Here's it's reply to that:

• Sent qth (001) for 161 of 161 QSOs doesn't match qth associated with location (WMA) selected on this web form.
I must have MA selected as my QTH in one place and WMA in another.

Chris

-----Original Message-From: WA9PND <davel1645@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Can't upload 10 meter log to server. Error

Don't know if you resolved this yet or not, but it really does look like
you used the 'DX' version of the ARRL-10 contest log.  You may have to
manually edit the Cabrillo log to replace the serial numbers with "MA".

On 12/13/2021 2:04 PM, Fred K2DFC via groups.io wrote:
> "Today I uploaded it to the website given on WA7BNM's contest website.  After uploading I got an error that EVERY single QSO I uploaded was an error."
>
> The easiest way to upload a Cabrillo log for an ARRL contest is to do it from the N3FJP contest log. For the 10-meter contest sections are not used, just States. But when filling out the upload sheet they do ask what section your in. I did mine right after the contest and all worked as it should.
>

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.