Re: ACLog, WSJTx, and Gridtracker #wsjtx

Scott Davis

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You can have multiple programs connected to WSJT-X simultaneously to take advantage of the features of each, but you will need to use the multicast option.

One of the things that seems to trip folks up most often when configuring multicasting is that there is a limited range of multicast IPs that you can use.  You must choose in a range of 224.0.0.1 and 239.255.255.255.  Details on setting up multicasting with WSJT-X and our software are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/wsjt-x-integration-with-n3fjp-software.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 1, 2021 5:53 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog, WSJTx, and Gridtracker #wsjtx

Hi all,  I am struggling with getting all three connected and working as designed.  I have searched forums and watched hours of Youtube, but am missing something with the setup.  I really love the new callsign color coding that ACLog will display in WSJTx and want to keep that along with showing the grids that Gridtracker displays.  I do start ACLog first, then WSJTx and then Gridtracker.

Seems as though I can get ACLog and WSJTx to play together, or WSJTx and Gridtracker to play, but not all three.  I am sure it has to do with my Port Assignments and UDP settings across the three programs.  Unfortunately, I am not schooled enough in ports and multicast to figure it out.  Any help would be appreciated with specific settings in each program.  Many thanks,  Scott

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.