From: Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ <ka2irq@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 16, 2021 10:55 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Adding Optical Scanning for QSL Cards - Disaster Recovery

Danny,
I stand by my original statement..... "Of course, we all save a copy of our log files "in the cloud," right?"
There is no ambiguity in that statement.  I said "copy."  I'm not sure how anyone can misinterpret those words to mean anything other than... a copy.
So I'm not sure what you're on about or what that has to do with scanning QSL cards.  I was simply implying that we back up our log data, but we have no backup for paper QSL cards that can be destroyed in a fire.  If such occurred, you would be able to recover your log later on, but have no way of recovering your QSL collection, some of which may be needed later to submit for DXCC entity credit.  Of course, DXCC seems moot when you consider a disaster like a fire, but, be that as it may, I still think it worthwhile to scan cards as a backup - and yes, store a copy of the image files in the cloud.
The developer of the software has responded in this thread that she thought it was an interesting idea... that was the total and complete mission of my original message.  Therefore I consider this thread "closed" and will not comment further.

73,
Marlo
KA2IRQ