Re: Crash? Not connecting

Scott Davis

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  I don't recall ever hearing of a Write Timeout error before, but it would occur when your OS attempts to write data to the com port and can not.  Either your Internet protection software is blocking the connection, another app has hold of the port, or there is a problem with the port's function (hardware, bad driver, etc.).  Once your OS is able to communicate with your port, AC Log will again be able to pass information to your rig.

In addition to checking for permissions, one thing you can try is to go into Windows Device Manager, make sure the com port is listed there and that there isn't a yellow exclamation point beside the port, indicating that the port is missing a driver or not functioning properly for some other reason. 

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Apr 24, 2021 11:31 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Crash? Not connecting

I used ACL most of the day, no issues. Tonight however it would not connect to the com port, and when I try testing the connection I get make sure the port is not in use by another function it wasn't. I restarted my computer a couple of times and get this. I tried to test polling and the program would lock up. "not responding"
Not sure what to do next...thanks

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.