Re: Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

K8TS

Will;

Never experienced.

Go File>Remove Duplicates.  As long as they are identical in every way, ACL with delete them.  The one case I discovered in my log was ACL, or WSJT, or JTAlert was logging one q as FT8 and also logging the other q as DIGATAL.  I was able to manually remove them.  Don’t know the cause, but it has not reoccurred. If it shows two different modes, such as I just described, will not remove the 2nd instance.  Be careful, the process can not be reversed.

Someone speak up, but there should have been no reason to reload your ACL.  The ACL retains the q’s even as you change versions. If you are also using JTAlert, remember that it is changing to .NET 5 in the last couple of days.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 8:34 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

Hi Everyone,

First, AC Log is a great product and I enjoy using it.

I just upgraded to AC Log 6.9 from AC Log 6.7, and this was my first time using AC Log 6.9.  I’m running a Windows 10 Dell laptop. 

Yesterday, I worked approximately 50 stations using WSJT-X FT8 on 60m.  Near the end of my radio session, I started getting AC Log error messages that the QSO was not “logged” into AC Log.  This has occasionally happen with AC Log 6.7, and I never had an issue with importing the WSJT-X log and deleting duplicates contacts in AC Log 6.7.

I imported the WSJT-X log file into AC Log 6.9 to recover the missing QSOs and then ran the “Remove Duplicates” function.  This is were the possible “bug” occurred.  The AC Log did not delete the duplicates.  I restarted my laptop and tried again with no success.  I now have duplicate QSOs for all of my contacts from yesterday as well as another 1,000+ duplicates ranging back for several months.

As mentioned above, I was previously using AC Log 6.7 before upgrading to AC Log 6.9, and I never had a problem with deleting duplicates after importing the WSJT-X log.

Has anyone else experienced this possible bug?  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Will

WB1DMK

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.