Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

William D'Agostino

Hi Everyone,

First, AC Log is a great product and I enjoy using it.

I just upgraded to AC Log 6.9 from AC Log 6.7, and this was my first time using AC Log 6.9.  I’m running a Windows 10 Dell laptop.

Yesterday, I worked approximately 50 stations using WSJT-X FT8 on 60m.  Near the end of my radio session, I started getting AC Log error messages that the QSO was not “logged” into AC Log.  This has occasionally happen with AC Log 6.7, and I never had an issue with importing the WSJT-X log and deleting duplicates contacts in AC Log 6.7.

I imported the WSJT-X log file into AC Log 6.9 to recover the missing QSOs and then ran the “Remove Duplicates” function.  This is were the possible “bug” occurred.  The AC Log did not delete the duplicates.  I restarted my laptop and tried again with no success.  I now have duplicate QSOs for all of my contacts from yesterday as well as another 1,000+ duplicates ranging back for several months.

As mentioned above, I was previously using AC Log 6.7 before upgrading to AC Log 6.9, and I never had a problem with deleting duplicates after importing the WSJT-X log.

Has anyone else experienced this possible bug?  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Will
WB1DMK