Re: ACLOG and Yaesu FT450 radio

James Goff

Dave:  I was able to order my cable with its TYPE AB plug connector and standard USB plug with Sabrent...a number of cable options were available.
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 4:22 PM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dave:  If the Device Manager is coming up working, I suspect the issue is somewhere else; I wish I knew where.

My rig is the Kenwood 590S with a Type AB USB 2.0 connector. Its plug-end jack looks a lot like the male plugs for printer inputs. The computer end of the cable is what I consider the 'usual' flat USB male, so no gender changing necessary. The 590 does include a serial port but I chose not to use it.   I regret not being more helpful.

I wish I had, but glad I don't, a record of every time I used this group for help. Sooner or later (usually sooner) someone has just the perfect answer.

73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:58 PM David Cornell <davidcornell123@...> wrote:
Jim: I really appreciate your thoughtful responses.  I used Device Manager to confirm that COM 4 "was working properly" after installing the Dtech driver.   Still ACLog failed to update with frequency and mode when running. Like you I had high hopes after installing the driver.  I could try deleting the driver, and reinstalling it, but have not done so yet.

Regarding the Sabrent cables and drivers, I found them on Amazon and am considering buying one, if my Dtech cable/driver doesn't work.  The Sabrent cables all appear to have male serial DB9 connectors, so connection to the TS450 would require a gender changer, because the radio's CAT connector is also male. Presumably, that's what  you did by providing a gender changer for your serial connector.

73. Dave. W9LD
425-563-3642 (c)