Re: ACLOG and Yaesu FT450 radio

James Goff

Dave:  COM 4 seems to be the 'default' port for the Rig Interface in many cases. In my experience, it successfully selected COM 7. I would think that if your cable came with its own software driver, it would work. You might go into Device Manager and scroll down to 'Ports", confirm that the driver is present, right-click on the driver, select Properties to verify "The device is working properly." If you get a negative response, I'd suggest deleting and then re-installing the driver. I am at a loss for other trouble-shooting clues.

73, W1JHG
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 2:20 PM David Cornell <davidcornell123@...> wrote:
Thank you, Jim, W1JHG, for  your reply. Glad your issue was resolved.  The serial-to-USB cable I have is a Dtech unit, with its own driver (on disc) that I installed.  This installation enabled port COM 4, which I selected in the ACLOG  Rig interface page, to no avail.  Perhaps I need to purchase the Sabrent SBT-USC6k cable and driver, as you recommend.  The one I bought was the only one I found at Amazon.  Perhaps I should look further there, and/or at Best Buy.

73, Dave, W9LD