Re: Search question

Bob Willey K3RLW

For me, I am on 6.8.6.1
and I hit CLEAR to make sure all fields are clear,
put in Band    2 for 2m
Hit SEARCH
(I do NOT use Rig Control, set to NONE)

1,000 of 4,652 Records Listed.  Continue Listing?
Your search query is returning 4,652 records.  To continue listing, please click yes.

If you have Settings > List Matches for These Fields with Tab enabled, some fields, such as Country and State, can generate very large lists.  For faster response, you may wish to disable the automatic listing on tab for these fields.
Under Settings > List Matches with Tab Select

Call is checked
and Don't List Own Country (to speed listings on tab with large databases)

I unclicked Call
same results

I unclicked "Don't List Own Country"
same results

Settiings > Rig Interface    set to NONE

???
Am I doing something wrong?

If I click on Date entry field and it automatically inserts today's date,
and click on SEARCH
it brings back only today's call log entries
So SEARCH works on some fields

photo
Bob Willey
K3RLW

(410) 251-8960 | K3RLW@...

http://qrz.com/db/K3RLW

5161 Ocean Gateway, Trappe Maryland 21673-2023 USA

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:09 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Butch,

Make sure the other info entries are blank.  It will  search for the combination, I.E., perhaps a band and a county or state.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 15:55
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Search question

Thanks for the replies.  I wasn't aware of the rig interface needed to be turned off with, or that it is done with Ctrl-Shift-R.

After pressing Ctrl-Shift-R I get a message indicating 'Rig Interface Band and Mode Tracking Disabled' but a band search still doesn't seem to be working properly.  On some band searches I get a few (not all) my contacts on the requested band, and other bands a search produces nothing.  I still must be missing something.

Butch
KF4HR

--
Bob Willey - K3RLW - Trappe MD