I suspected there was a programming reason!   Thanks for the reply

73
Russ K3Pi

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 7:07 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Russ,

Thanks for your e-mal and kind words. Yes, there is a reason! Sometimes folks want to create CSV and other related text formats of their log, and these characters will create problems for them when importing to other applications.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

From: Russ Johnson <radiok3pi@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Mar 18, 2021 6:22 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Curiosity question

Hi,

First off, love the software.  Bought the suite for contesting and never thought I would have an interest or need for everyday logging.  ACL was just a throw-in.....so I thought.   What a great program.  It’s hard to imagine being without it.
This isn’t a complaint just a curiosity question.   In the Comments box, it will not accept these symbols   ‘ or “
from my keyboard.  Is there a reason for that?   No big deal.  Just wondering.
73 and thanks for a great product !

Russ K3Pi