Re: "Sticky" Power levels in log

Richard E. Ravich

Kevin,

You hit the mail on the head!  I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where.

Thanks and 73's

Richard

On 3/17/21 6:20 PM, Kevin Gray wrote:

Richard,

In WSJT-X when you log a contact, look at the pop-up log screen and adjust the power setting there.

That is most likely where you are getting your setting from on your FT8 calls using JTAlert from WSJT-X

Kevin

N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:04 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] "Sticky" Power levels in log

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your e-mail. AC Log always defaults to the previously logged value. Just edit the most recent entry to the power level you want and subsequent QSOs you log from then on will remain the same until you change it.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 17, 2021 5:26 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] "Sticky" Power levels in log

I know that when I first set up the N3FJP logging software, it asked me (I think) if I wanted to make the power level the same in all logs entered.  If I log an SSB contact, the new power level is correct, but in ft8 using JALERT and WSJTX, it always shows an old power level.  Any thoughts on how to make the new power level persistent?
de WD6FIE -- Richard

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.