Re: Fix LOTW bug

Lou WA5LOU

What is the B?

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:43 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
I thought I already said this, but I have done both, download and  upload!
Before:
image.png
After:
image.png

The L still isn't there.  The L shows in "Rec Conf By" AFTER it is confirmed on LOTW.  That doesn't fix
"Sent Conf By"
This only happens on random QSOs.

I have spent hours last year and in January "fixing" records, one at the time by manually adding the "L".

It is a bug in ACLog.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:39 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
Scott or someone else will have to help you.  I don’t think you are getting what I am saying.  So someone else please help Buck.  Thanks.

73 Buck, and Be Safe!

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:34 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
Please read my reply carefully before answering.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:31 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
Once again, in ACL LoTW screen, download using “All Since.”  If the records you uploaded were good, it will then put an L in the sent box.

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:17 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
Let me start this thread all over with all the information I have to date.

When I got up this morning, I opened ACL and uploaded all new contacts to LOTW.
(No, I didn't have any new contacts to upload, but I do this twice a day.)

As you see in the picture, I clicked "All Contacts Not Uploaded" and got an error on KT2TJD's QSO.
(Ironically, he's also my neighbor. )

The error "Already Uploaded" pops up.
image.png

When I ignore, I get the following message:

image.png
ACL is trying to upload QSOs already uploaded.
Why is ACL uploading uploaded QSOs???

Here is why:
This is one of the offending records (see image above):
image.png
Notice that there is no "L" in the box indicating that it was uploaded to LOTW?
When I search for Keith's call in my log, ACL shows QSLs sent for all of his contacts.
image.png

Then I pull up an older record that has already been sent and confirmed by LOTW:
(Same ham, different date):
image.png

The "L" is in the records ACL is NOT trying to upload to LOTW:

For me to fix it, I have to find all records without an "L" and add the "L" manually
one record at the time.

It is my theory, that ACLog does not always add the "L" to records it uploads to LOTW.
This indicates that ACLog has a bug that needs to be fixed, not LOTW (well, at least not this bug.)

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:13 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
But your failed entry here shows SSB.  Was it an FT-8 and you inadvertently put SSB in the log entry?

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:09 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
image.png

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:05 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
Your entry shows SSB not FT-8.  ??

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:02 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
I've done that before, but this happened a lot when I was using FT8, which is automatically updated from my software reading the radio.

Even if I did, it sends LOTW the errors.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:59 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
Do your record entries show a 40 Meter Frequency when it was a 40 Meter contact?  I know that on occasion I forget to change one or the other when I change bands.

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:49 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
Yes, several times. Just before taking that screen shot, too.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:47 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
Have you done an "all Since" Download?

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:41 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
After sending this original message, I discovered that the offending records did not get the "L" added to the Sent conf by box:
image.png

Notice that I am only uploading contacts already uploaded.

image.png

So the problem I see is that the "L" isn't being added to the Sent Conf By box when I upload them to LOTW.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:51 AM Buck McDaniel via groups.io <n4pgwbuck=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
image.png
I get the above message for various log entries every time I upload to LOTW.

I don't know why this occurs every time.  If I have uploaded it, why is trying to upload it?

In my case, the uploaded LOTW files aren't all marked as being uploaded.  Since they are uploaded, can we have an option to mark all uploaded as "L" when the bug shows up?