Re: RTTY and PSK with ACLOG

Scott Davis

Hi Wes,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have developed an application program interface (API) that enables any developer who wishes to interface with my software to do so, including MMTTY, should the developers choose.

My software already interfaces with all of these programs:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q50

Coding for an API takes time. While I have been told that my API has been among the easiest to code for, other developers have understandably suggested that I might add code for their API, instead of them coding for mine.

One of the great benefits of writing real, contest specific applications, is that they are super easy to use, all set up and ready to go, right out of the box. The downside, however, is that adding API code to connect to another's application via their API and then retrofitting and testing the code into more than 100 N3FJP software programs is not realistic. Additionally, as the logging application, my software is typically operating in response to an action in the other app, so it makes the most sense for that app to utilize the features in my API as it initiates events.

Given these circumstances, it is simply far easier for other developers to interface with my software using my API, than it would be for me to code and retrofit 100+ programs. For these reasons, if you would like to see a program interface with mine, please write the developer of the program you would like to interface with N3FJP Software and encourage them to take advantage of the easily implemented API code that I've documented here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/api.html

In the mean time, please enjoy any of the growing list of programs whose developers have already interfaced with N3FJP Software!

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q50

You will find good options to choose from at the link above.  N7YG Digital Engine is particularly easy to interface with my software.

Enjoy!

73, Scott, 
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:38 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] RTTY and PSK with ACLOG

IMHO, MMTTY is the RTTY program of choice.  Unfortunately, ACL doesn't listen to it.  This pretty much leaves N1MM+, which has a learning curve, but is real contest software and free. 

Personally, since I'm not a real contester, but operate looking for new ones, I still use AXETTY, a MMTTY variant that interfaces with my venerable DXBase, which remains my main awards-tracking software.

I have the suite of N3JFP programs but this RTTY issue keeps me from a full embrace.

Wes  N7WS

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 07:03 AM, <barry@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking to start using RTTY and PSK. Rather than select RTTY and PSK software and then try to integrate that with ACLOG for logging I though it might be better to ask others what software they recommend based on past experience.
Any advice appreciated.

73, Barry GM5BDX

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.