that cured the rfi. It's a good thing to keep ferrites available when messing around
as I did!!
73  Dave W1VR

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 7:05 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  From the menu options click Settings > Transmit > CW and then select None from the keying options.

From: John Allen <johnallen46@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 10:57 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] How to cancel "Transmit CW"

I was using Winter Field Day Logger.

I had too many USB connections for my laptop. And I plugged in a USB keyboard lamp, Rig Control (that I just got working with my TS-50), Keying adapter, Signalink USB, Mouse.)

I used an old powered hub that I have had for years. When I plugged in the keyboard lamp I transferred the keying adapter and the rig control to the hub. Later, when I plugged in the Signalink, which wants adequate power, I transferred my moue to the powered hub and plugged the Signalink directly into the computer.

Every time I keyed the radio with my microphone PTT or my code key, or the Signalink, the system would go crazy killing all the com ports as well as my mouse. I had to spend time reactivating the ports and finding my mouse again.

The computer told me that the USB hub was unrecognizable. I took it and the USB lamp out and plugged in the rig control and the keying adapter directly as well as the mouse. Joy!

Then I thought I would try to set up for digital, so I unplugged the keying adapter and (eventually) plugged in the Signalink. I brought up FLDIGI, and after I figured out the missing connections, I got it working and it was asking for frequencies and receiving the actual frequency. I need to work on how to make QSOs but I think it was working. I decoded some CQs. Now to work on answering.

As I could not see much action so I wanted to go back to CW and SSB. There was notice about a missing COM5 in the Transmit CW. I unplugged the Signalink and plugged in the CW adapter. Message kept recurring. It was toward the end of the Field Day period, so I did not want to shut down to repair the COM port.

Rig control was still working so I tried to type a new frequency into the CallSign Field. After every digit, the notice about the CW Com port recurred and had to be acknowledged.

I could not find the checkbox to check or uncheck saying enable this function. Could I have turned it off?

Next time I am going to have to think carefully of what I connect to the USB ports. That recurring message made the program nearly unusable.

Or is there a reliable powered USB hub available?

Thanks
John VA6SJA

Things were slow, so I wanted to
Sent from Mail for Windows 10