locked Re: Does N3FJP work with Eterlogic's VSPE software to expand single COM4 into virtual ports...if so how?

Michael WA7SKG

Yeah, WSJT-X is the weird one that does not seem to play nice with everything else. I have the same problem. I can have three or four apps all working just fine via VSPE, then I open WSJT-X and it takes over from everything else.

If I were to guess, it may be something to do with how often WSJT-X polls for data. If I were more ambitious and worried about it, I would set up a serial sniffer to monitor the traffic between devices. Too low on my priority list to think about.

Michael WA7SKG

Greg Cook via groups.io wrote on 1/9/21 3:47 PM:

Kevin,
I setup VSPE per your instructions. Opened AC Log, set it to the virtual port and it works. Change frequency on the IC-7300 and it changes on AC Log.
Opened WSJT-X set it up and it works. Change frequency on the IC-7300 and it changes it on WSJT-X, BUT...the frequency no longer changes on AC Log. Click Polling and it is blank.
Appreciate any help you can give.
Same happens with RS-BA1 V2 Icom software.
Greg
On January 10, 2021 at 4:41 AM, Kevin Gray <n9vpv@arrl.net> wrote:

Start VSPE

Click on Create New Device

Select device type: Splitter, click Next

Data Source Serial Port: COM4 (or whatever the radio serial port is for your radio) { Are you actually using a 991 ?  and picked the enhanced port to split ?}

Virtual Serial Port: COM7 (or whichever you want, make sure your logging programs use this port).

Click settings:

Speed: 57600 (or whatever your radio is currently using)

DTR/RTS: NO

Parity: no

Bits: 8

Stop bits: 1

Click OK

Redirect modem registers: CHECKED

Initial Modem Registers State: RTS: NOT CHECKED, DTR: NOT CHECKED

Once you’re all setup, click the Play button. VSPE should say that the initialization is OK.

Select the new port in ACLog, make sure all parameters are set, Baud, Parity, Data, Stop, etc

Then press the /Test/ button on the rig interface form.

If this doesn’t work, send actual screen shots of what YOU have.

73

Kevin

N9VPV