locked Re: Does N3FJP work with Eterlogic's VSPE software to expand single COM4 into virtual ports...if so how?

Greg Cook

Kevin,

I setup VSPE per your instructions. Opened AC Log, set it to the virtual port and it works. Change frequency on the IC-7300 and it changes on AC Log.

Opened WSJT-X set it up and it works. Change frequency on the IC-7300 and it changes it on WSJT-X, BUT...the frequency no longer changes on AC Log. Click Polling and it is blank.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Same happens with RS-BA1 V2 Icom software.

Greg

On January 10, 2021 at 4:41 AM, Kevin Gray <n9vpv@...> wrote:

Start VSPE

Click on Create New Device

Select device type: Splitter, click Next

Data Source Serial Port: COM4 (or whatever the radio serial port is for your radio) { Are you actually using a 991 ?  and picked the enhanced port to split ?}

Virtual Serial Port: COM7 (or whichever you want, make sure your logging programs use this port).

Click settings:

Speed: 57600 (or whatever your radio is currently using)

DTR/RTS: NO

Parity: no

Bits: 8

Stop bits: 1

Click OK

Redirect modem registers: CHECKED

Initial Modem Registers State: RTS: NOT CHECKED, DTR: NOT CHECKED

Once you’re all setup, click the Play button. VSPE should say that the initialization is OK.

Select the new port in ACLog, make sure all parameters are set, Baud, Parity, Data, Stop, etc

Then press the Test button on the rig interface form.

If this doesn’t work, send actual screen shots of what YOU have.

73

Kevin

N9VPV