locked Re: Does N3FJP work with Eterlogic's VSPE software to expand single COM4 into virtual ports...if so how?

Kevin Gray

Start VSPE

Click on Create New Device

Select device type: Splitter, click Next

Data Source Serial Port: COM4 (or whatever the radio serial port is for your radio) { Are you actually using a 991 ?  and picked the enhanced port to split ?}

Virtual Serial Port: COM7 (or whichever you want, make sure your logging programs use this port).

Click settings:

Speed: 57600 (or whatever your radio is currently using)

DTR/RTS: NO

Parity: no

Bits: 8

Stop bits: 1

Click OK

Redirect modem registers: CHECKED

Initial Modem Registers State: RTS: NOT CHECKED, DTR: NOT CHECKED

Once you’re all setup, click the Play button. VSPE should say that the initialization is OK.

Select the new port in ACLog, make sure all parameters are set, Baud, Parity, Data, Stop, etc

Then press the Test button on the rig interface form.

If this doesn’t work, send actual screen shots of what YOU have.

73

Kevin

N9VPV