Backup and restore

Jim Hamlin

Thank you, Scott, and a merry Christmas to you and yours.
Please forgive my lack of skill at windows navigation and moving stuff around.

I found the location of the N3FJP backup files, and if I understand it correctly, I need to alter the automatic N3FJP procedure so it saves to my thumb drive.  What are the specific steps to do this?  I assume I can then point to the thumb drive if a restore is needed.  Once I get this squared away, I plan to test it out so I know I can restore my log from the latest thumb drive backup if needed.

While I'm at it, can I also backup the complete N3FJP program to a thumb drive as well, if for some reason the code gets corrupted, or would I then need to use my system backup CD to restore my complete system?

Thanx in advance for your help, I'm really enjoying your software and all the advanced function you've added.   

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 6:01 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LotW Status Display

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  You bet, use this procedure here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q49

And if you ever do have to restore from backup, this will get you going:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q57

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Dec 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Thanx for the insight.  I've just connected my rig to N3FJP and have stopped manual logging so it's time to get a proven back up and restore procedure in place.  I'd like to use a permanent usb thumbdrive for this purpose, but need help on how to set this up.  Ie, how to link it to the logger, then how to do a recovery or restore.  Any details you might point me to?  I'm running windows 7 and not very good at moving files around.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 3:56:54 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You won't see a red QSO from your LoTW downloads, as only records you upload (Sent) are returned from LoTW.

This explains why newly uploaded QSOs are black:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Dec 21, 2020 2:23 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LotW Status Display

I'm a bit confused as to LotW status shown on my main screen.  My colors selected are:
Sent = Green
Received = Red
Sent & Received = Blue

None of my qso line items ever show up in red, and immediately after I upload new qso's to LotW, the ones that just were uploaded still appear in black.  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

PS: I just connected my radio to N3FJP and love'n it!

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.