Even Better!

Thanks Scott.

Steve AI3KS

On 20/12/04 09:47, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your follow up and clarification.  Sorry, no, that isn't in the cards, but don't worry, after the next release, all the programs will check for a later version automatically on start up.

From: AI3KS <AI3KS.01@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 9:02 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Question for Scott

Scott,

I think what George is asking for (and I do the same thing) would be to include the version in the filename (for example ACLog6.7, FIELDDAY6.2). Don't know how much extra work that would be.

That makes it a simple task to compare the downloaded version with that listed on the website as I don't always download a new version if the contest is still some time away, but always check right before I get set up for it.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/12/04 07:13, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi George,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The easiest approach is to join my Announcement Only e-mail group, so you are alerted to all new releases (as you are here as well).

Even without that, there is no need to download the software to check the current version.  The current version is already displayed at the top of each download page:

Capture.JPG

As well as on the complete list of all programs here:

Capture2.JPG

Finally, you will find the version number along with each program's revision summary:

Capture3.JPG