Re: Question for Scott

AI3KS

Scott,

I think what George is asking for (and I do the same thing) would be to include the version in the filename (for example ACLog6.7, FIELDDAY6.2). Don't know how much extra work that would be.

That makes it a simple task to compare the downloaded version with that listed on the website as I don't always download a new version if the contest is still some time away, but always check right before I get set up for it.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/12/04 07:13, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi George,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The easiest approach is to join my Announcement Only e-mail group, so you are alerted to all new releases (as you are here as well).

Even without that, there is no need to download the software to check the current version.  The current version is already displayed at the top of each download page:

As well as on the complete list of all programs here:

Finally, you will find the version number along with each program's revision summary:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 12:04 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Question for Scott

Scott:

I spend a lot of time checking your site for the latest versions only to find out that I already have that file on my NAS.  Lately, I've been adding the version number to these files myself to save the download.  I don't usually keep all the programs installed on my computer at once.  

Can I ask if you can put the version number along with the file name, so I can compare what I have with what is on your site without having to install/run the program?  

Thanks. 
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ
Hamshack Holine #4969

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.