Re: Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott Davis

Awesome, thanks loads Larry and all!    :)

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Nov 27, 2020 12:59 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Been testing here for a while now and all seems to work as advertised. No problems
Larry  N8CWU
On 11/19/2020 5:07 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

I've been working on enhancing the DX Spotting reconnect functionality in my software.  In addition to automatically attempting a reconnect with your currently selected DX Spotting Telnet host, if the reconnect attempt fails, it will then try the next host in your list.

This is a difficult function to test, as aside from unplugging and replugging the LAN cable to simulate a disconnect, it is tough to simulate all the scenarios causing a disconnection.  I think the best way to test this is for as many of us to run AC Log, as much as possible and see what occurs if / when the Telnet site you happen to be connected to goes down.

If you would like to help test this feature, would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then install this version:

It will say Beta 6.7.1 in the title bar.

Then click Settings > DX Spotting > Configure and check the Auto Reconnect option here:

Capture.JPG

If you have the ability to simulate a connection loss, awesome.  Otherwise, just let AC Log roll and see what happens.  There will be a text to speech voice letting you know if there is a reconnect attempt or a new site is tried.  You will also see text on the DX Spotting set up form of the attempts.

If you leave the PC, make a note of the host you are connected to and see if it is still the same site when you return.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Please let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.