Re: Great software, but I have a question

Joseph Miller

John, Scott, Gary and anyone else I may have missed.

You guys are the best. I think I'll skip the API part in this contest, but certainly will experiment with it in the next week or two.

I operate Field Day and Winter Field Day with a local club and use a lap top computer when I do. But I can see the benefit of the API when working contests from home.

On a side note, during the week I am working the POTA stations. It's really nice to just enter a call sign, signal report and Park Number and then hit enter.

Thanks again for all the great info and best of luck.

Vy 73 de Joe

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020, 8:16 PM John Huber <n8fyl@...> wrote:
Joe / KJ8O,

Hi from MIchigan!.  I think the absolute BEST way to use ACLog and any of Scott's contest modules is to set up the contest module to use the API to ACLog for rig control.  That eliminates having to configure rig control in the contest program.  In the Settings->Rig Interface under Rig select the "N3FJP API" and then Settings->Application Programming Interface fill in the Client section at the bottom.   When i have used this path it works like a dream, although I think I have only done it with CW contests so I can't confirm it will work with voice keyer type stuff in a SSB event.  Others probably have done that.

I hope you get it sorted before the SS.

73,  John / N8FYL