Also, I have heard some wierd/bad things about Prolific Serial to USB adapters.

Hang in there.

Steve

On 20/11/18 19:57, Pat Whelton wrote:

Kenwood TS570DG.  Just unplugged USB to the transceiver and repluged.  Device Manager show USB Serial Port (COM3) and earlier I determined it was assigned to the WinKeyer.  Device Manager shows the other port as Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM4).   That’s the comport I’m trying to use.  Rig Interface refuses to use it.  I just need to figure out what the heck is tying up COM4.

Pat

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:41 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Need A Utility

Pat,

What rig are we talking about?

Steve

On 20/11/18 19:38, Pat Whelton wrote:

Steve.  I don’t have an Icom.  They have enough problems of their own thank you.  I guess I can look for a USB cable coming into the rig and unplug it.  I know when I go into Device Manager and unplug the WinKeyer it is definitely using COM3 but something is definitely tying up COM4 because ACLog’s rig interface won’t connect to it.  I’d just like to take whatever is using COM4 out on Interstate-10 and beat it with a friggin Sludge Hammer so I can use the darn thing.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J