Re: Need A Utility

AI3KS

Pat,

Just took a look at the manual for the 570D/S. Could not find the one for the DG. It shows a db connector for PC connection, so if that is the case for the DG, you would be using an adapter to get to USB.  It says 4800 baud, n-8-1. Have you tried that setting with both Kenwood and Kenwood2 in the rig settings?

You can confirm that the winkeyer is on Com 4 by unplugging the USB cable and watching the Device Manager. The port will disappear. You could also verify the winkeyer with the utilities that Steve, K1EL provides on the website.

I would think that you could also unplug the rig cable from the PC and have the com port disappear, but I'm not completely sure.

Also, I have heard some wierd/bad things about Prolific Serial to USB adapters.

Hang in there.

Steve

On 20/11/18 19:57, Pat Whelton wrote:

Kenwood TS570DG.  Just unplugged USB to the transceiver and repluged.  Device Manager show USB Serial Port (COM3) and earlier I determined it was assigned to the WinKeyer.  Device Manager shows the other port as Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM4).   That’s the comport I’m trying to use.  Rig Interface refuses to use it.  I just need to figure out what the heck is tying up COM4.

Pat

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:41 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Need A Utility

Pat,

What rig are we talking about?

Steve

On 20/11/18 19:38, Pat Whelton wrote:

Steve.  I don’t have an Icom.  They have enough problems of their own thank you.  I guess I can look for a USB cable coming into the rig and unplug it.  I know when I go into Device Manager and unplug the WinKeyer it is definitely using COM3 but something is definitely tying up COM4 because ACLog’s rig interface won’t connect to it.  I’d just like to take whatever is using COM4 out on Interstate-10 and beat it with a friggin Sludge Hammer so I can use the darn thing.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:29 PM

Pat,

No. ACLog does not load any drivers. It uses the existing ones. Just make sure that after you uninstall the existing drivers your rig is not expecting these drivers to already be installed when you plug in the usb cable. I know that you have to install the Icom drivers prior to connecting the rig.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/18 19:23, Pat Whelton wrote:

Isn’t un-loading ACLog the same as unplugging?  Maybe I have to un-install ACLog and download a fresh copy of v.6.7.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Thayer
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 5:54 PM

I would unplug everything from the PC, go to your device manager and uninstall whatever is listed on the trouble com Ports, including the drivers, restart windows, then you can start plugging stuff back in in and those Ports should be useable again.

On Nov 18, 2020 3:01 PM, "Pat Whelton" <pwhelton@...> wrote:

Anyone know of a good reliable utility that one can run to totally annihilate anything using com ports 3 and 4 and return them to their factory defaults?  Such a utility would be a valuable addition to my shack.  As per usual I can’t get rig interface to work with ACLog.

I’m really getting tired of jacking with it.  Thank God the WinKeyer works as a stand alone.  Forget about using the F-Keys.

Beginning to think Rig Interface is for the rich and famous.

Pat – KZ5J

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.