I would not recommend using Contest ID for recording POTA contacts though. as sometimes the entrants in the State QSO Parties activate a POTA site. I have had this happen a few times already. Also, if POTA is in a separate field, you can run an Awards Report to see how many of the parks you have worked.

Just my thoughts, thanks for reading.

73 de Joe KJ8O Desert Hot Springs CA

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 7:05 AM Bill Grover <bgrover@...> wrote:
There is a field called Contest ID, I haven't checked if it is visible or not.  If you use any of N3FJP's contest programs he uses this field in the main log to fold the name of the contest log you imported.  You should be
able to use this field to hold the contest name or your POTA number as needed.

Bill, N3EYF

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of John AJ1R via groups.io <JRoe43=outlook.com@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 7:16 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Parks on the Air Log

I like to work contests very casually by just making contacts, no interest in my score.
Also like to work POTA stations.

I setup first "other" field for this. I named it "Contest/event".
I positioned it so it is convenient and visible when adding a new contact.
For POTA entries i enter "POTApark#".
For contests I enter contest name or abbreviation & year.

That way i can retrieve a list of either.

I hope this nhelps.

--
***  Avoid internet congestion, real radio uses airwaves.  ***

Joe Miller, KJ8O
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Locator DM13sw