Re: changing mode in the Sweepstakes program

Scott Davis

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your follow up.  Yes, the modes for SS are contest specific and will not ever change mid contest.

From: Russ Johnson <radiok3pi@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:24 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] changing mode in the Sweepstakes program

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.   I had figured that part out.

What I find "odd" is that if I change the set up for CW, it will change the set up to CW for every log.
I am referring to the blue box in the lower left next to tracking time and band.

So is this normal behavior?  It doesn't change the mode of contacts already in the log, which is great.
But it appears that the software assumes that the next contact for any of the logs will be in the mode most recently set up in the most recent log.
It's like the mode that you set the log up in doesn't stay fixed with the originally set up mode.  It changes based on the most recent set up.

It appears that mode set up is not independent for each of the logs one has set up, but it applied universally to all of the logs based on most recent setting.

Does that make sense?  Just want to make sure I am not missing a setting somewhere and this is normal behavior for the software.

Thank you
Russ K3Pi