Re: using contest loggers to send CW

John Miller

Scott, I am using a different port for CW from the one used for rig
control. Frank it seems weather I check DTR or RtS either way it does
it but only when the software is open. I close the software it's fine
so I'm thinking the cable is fine. It's got to be either a setting, or
my computer being flakey again, that computer is the master of flakey
sometimes. When it works, it works but any time I plug something new
in to a USB port, forget it I'm in for several days of headaches, so
here I am now. If I wasn't laid off with no chance of being hired
back, I'd just give up on that computer and get another one but right
now, I'm dealing with what I have.

On 10/26/20, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John,
Thanks for your e-mail.  Click Settings > Rig Interface and deselect the
power option that is keying your cable (which sounds like is working
fine).
You will need to use a separate port for CW from rig interface.
Enjoy!

73, ScottN3FJPhttp://www.n3fjp.com
Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging
software since 1997.
1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks
you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with
gentleness and respect...