Re: Parks on the Air (POTA) logging

Jim Shorney

A couple of points inserted below.

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 06:17:20 -0700
"Randy W2RAN" <wright2randy@gmail.com> wrote:

There are user defined "Other" fields in N3FJP. I have Other defined as SIG_REF (park worked) and Other1 as MY_SIG_REF (Park I activated). As long as both fields are filled in and the operator at the park you worked as P2P submits a log, the POTA system will credit you with a P2P.
The correct ADIF fields to use are SIG_INFO and MY_SIG_INFO. MY_SIG_INFO is not really required at all right now but may ne used in the future so it is a good idea to get in the habit of using it. If nothing else it helps you track your parks activated. The POTA database does log matching for P2P so SIG_INFO is not *usually* needed. Where it is needed is in the case of working a rover at a different park with the same UTC date, band, and mode. The database will treat this as a dupe contact if SIG_INFO is not used. Again, it is best to get in the habit of using it so it will be there when needed.

Concerning LOTW, you must create a separate station location defining state, county and grid square. I have two station locations defined (1) "W2NR home" which is my home station and (2) "W2NR portable" which I edit with correct county, state and grid before uploading.

Already posted in a previous message is a method of having TQSL pull your location from the log rather than having to set up a new station location for each activation.

https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers/message/44483

73 & 44,

-Jim
NU0C

Zero District POTA Area Coordinator
http://www.parksontheair.com/
Zero and Seven Districts WWFF-KFF Log Manager
https://wwffkff.wordpress.com/