Re: Parks on the Air (POTA) logging

Dave

Thanks much for this video link!

I have been wondering how to fully populate the lag data that is imported from WSJT-X.

I did several hundred in small groups then went for the entire log once I got a little some guts.

It took about 6 minutes Saturday night for 4600 records in the log and all went well.

Dave KC3AM

On 10/24/2020 14:25, Brent LeFevre wrote:
Best POTA / ACLog interface instructions can he found here

Also, as previously mentioned, check out the FaceBook POTA group. There is a ton of great information and assistance there.

73 de W4CHF

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 9:42 AM Ernest G. Wilson II <ErnestGWilsonII@...> wrote:
Hello Scott and Kimberly (and N3FJP logging fans worldwide)!

I'm relatively new to parks on the air activations for ham radio and I recently came across some issues pertaining to accurate park logging.

When submitting to official log book of the world and/or something like QRZ for example,
I would like callers to be in the log for calling into the actual park location and not my FCC ULS database listed home address on file.
This has forced me to do a bunch of hand edits to my logs:
Manually adding / editing the ADIF export and adding park specific data (based on the park I am set up in):
Example:
If I was at Auburn Valley State Park in Delaware, park K-4366 (all this data would be different for each park):
<MY_SIG_INFO:6>K-4366
<MY_GRIDSQUARE:6>FM29dt
<MY_LAT:9>39.812500
<MY_LON:10>-75.679700
<MY_CQ_ZONE:1>5
<MY_ITU_ZONE:1>8
<MY_DXCC:3>291
<MY_CITY:7>Yorklyn
<MY_CNTY:17>New Castle County
<MY_STATE:2>DE
<MY_POSTAL_CODE:5>19736
<MY_COUNTRY:3>USA

1.)
a.) First, each record needs to have the park I am activating;
b.) In the official log, need to use MY_SIG_INFO but it would be awesome if N3FJP software would display a friendly name like PARK
image.pnga

2.)
a.) It would be great if the F3FJP software would help us build (or import) a list of parks.
b.) Each time we activate a park, we may be at a different park somewhere in the world.
     We want our contacts to be logged for calling the park and not our home address.
     Each park location has specific details (during a single park activation, this info is usually the same for each record):
image.png

3.)
a.) Some park contacts are special "Park to Park" calls.
      In the official log, need to use SIG_INFO but it would be awesome if N3FJP software could display a friendly name like P2P
image.png

Tried editing the logger to make it park focused, so it  looks like this now;
image.png

Thank you in advance for even reading this!

Am I doing it wrong?
Or is there a POTA version of N3FJP logger?
How have other folks solved this?

73
Ernie
W3GUY
(formerly W3TCP - I recently changed my vanity callsign to align with my wife's call: W3GRL - We are now "girl and guy" - W3 GRL and GUY hi hi)

Thank you,

Ernest G. Wilson II
Email: ErnestGWilsonII@...

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM