Re: Parks on the Air (POTA) logging

Jim Shorney

The attached screen cap from a Slack post by K0BAK details how to allow LoTW to pull location information from the log directly using the latest version of TQSL.

We always use the latest version, don't we? :)

73 & 44,

-Jim
NU0C

Zero District POTA Area Coordinator
http://www.parksontheair.com/
Zero and Seven Districts WWFF-KFF Log Manager
https://wwffkff.wordpress.com/

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 15:40:21 -0400
"Ernest G. Wilson II" <ErnestGWilsonII@gmail.com> wrote:

Tom, excellent tip!
That looks like it will accomplish what I'm looking for!

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 15:36 Tom Suggs <tomsuggs31@gmail.com> wrote:

I have activated from almost 400 different parks with around 13,000
contacts. When I upload to LotW, I create a new station location there and
then export from AClog to the specific park I have created.

Its my understanding that the hunters then get credit for the correct
state, grid and county since I enter that into LotW for each entity. I
don’t make any changes in my log but no one else sees that info.

Tom N4MTE

On Oct 24, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Ernest G. Wilson II <
ErnestGWilsonII@gmail.com> wrote:

Jim thank you very much for responding.
Please do not misunderstand, I'm not seeking help on how to log.
I am actively engaged in those same groups that you mentioned and I
appreciate those links thank you.
I am pointing out a shortcoming in logging in general when it comes to
POTA.
I did indeed perform research prior to posting and I very carefully
detailed the issues.
At this point no one has addressed the specific issues that I pointed out.
The email to this group was in hopes that the logger could address the
very specific needs outlined.
Thanks for your response and consideration.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 12:38 Jim Shorney <jshorney@inebraska.com> wrote:

There is an active POTA help group on Slack, as well as plenty of help
available in the Facebook group. Those are better places to ask how to do
POTA in ACL. What you are asking here is venturing into the area of a
another contest specific program and Scott has already detailed the
logistics involved there.

73 & 44,

-Jim
NU0C

Zero District POTA Area Coordinator
http://www.parksontheair.com/
Zero and Seven Districts WWFF-KFF Log Manager
https://wwffkff.wordpress.com/

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 12:00:47 -0400
"Ernest G. Wilson II" <ErnestGWilsonII@gmail.com> wrote:

Scott,

That was the video I already followed.
That does not address the issues reported in my email.

Thank you,

Ernest G. Wilson II
Email: ErnestGWilsonII@gmail.com

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 11:31 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for your e-mail. I've not been active with POTA myself and AC
Log
was not designed with POTA in mind, but you will find the
configuration
settings other POTA folks use here:

How do I configure AC Log for proper ADIF output for WWFF Parks on
the Air
(POTA)? <http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q107>

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q107

*http://www.n3fjp.com* <http://www.n3fjp.com/>

*Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
logging
software since 1997.*

1 Peter 3 vs 15: *Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who
asks you to give the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the
hope
that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>. But do this with
gentleness